Vegetarians

Janey

Intuitive Eater
Is WW easy to do if you are vegetarian? I love carbohydrates - can't go a meal without them - and I think they are high in points, no? I tried WW a few years ago and couldn't do it, I was so hungry all the time! I just wondered how you manage to do WW as a vegetarian. I have a friend who has had amazing weight loss with WW so it is just so tempting to do (however she eats meat)!!

Janey

I would think it would be ok as long as you had things like quorn or tofu which are low in points - cheese is really high. Carbs are relatively higher than protein but not so much so that you couldn't have them

I am sure there will be some vegetarians along to share their food plans.

Good luck if you decide to go for it.

Rosie x

Hi, Ive been a vegetarian for 26 years and I get on great with WW, I am also very fond of carbs and have them at pretty much every meal so don't worry about that.

Another veggie here.

Have been doing WW since July and have got on fine with it. :D

I eat alot of quorn, lentils and things which go a long way.

I do portion control things like pasta, rice etc as its easy to get carried away with those and knock up the points. Whereas if you did Slimming World they would be free foods on a Green day.

If you prefer to have lots of the above to keep you full I would say Sw might be your best option...personally it didnt work for me when tried it as I think I just ate 'too' much of them. :p

I prefer WW as I know exactly what have eaten, and it controls it for me otherwise just eat way too much.

I have tried all the diets over the years but always come back to WW....as it works for me.

Best wishes if you decide to have a go. :D

I am a veggie too and having checked out both SW and WW do think WW is the more flexible of the 2 plans but do agree that if you want to eat lots of say carbs SW seems to be more suited.

I only lasted a few hours on WW I am afraid so a waste of money joining. I rebelled quite quickly to being told how much to eat and having to count and weigh everything. Dieting in any form is not for me. But I wish you all every success. Back to intuitive eating for me.

Best wishes. xx

An old WW leader I used to know would say "how badly do you want it ??"

It is hard & we do have to make sacrifices but your head does need to be in the right place of wanting to do it.

Good luck with whatever you do x

Back