Veggies

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by .Nicki., 10 October 2010 Social URL.

1. .Nicki.

.Nicki. Minimin Addict

I used to do slimming world before ee came around and i have tried ee i've never really managed very well.
    Main problem is i don't eat veggies, i eat cucumber and sweetcorn but thats about it. Do you think sw is doable without veggies. I do eat fruit well apples, nana's and grapes. Is ee doable without veggies?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emma-louise

emma-louise Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    yep!! i absolutely lurrrve veggies so i dont have this problem myself, but there are loads of dishes you can have on SW that dont involve veggies (just like eating normally) for example, you could do green days and have all kinds of pasta dishes, risottos, currys etc, just try and use a HEB for your portion of meat/fish! xx

4. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes you could do SW without eating vegetables, but you would be making things very difficult for yourself, as well as doing without all the health benefits.

Can you tell us which vegetables you have tried that you don't like?

Then maybe we can make suggestions for some that you haven't tried yet, and might like.

5. .Nicki.

.Nicki. Minimin Addict

I've tried most, i just can't stand them.

6. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    If its EE you are asking about, i'd say it would work better if you do eat vegetables, as you NEED 1/3 plate of superfree foods.

If you don't eat vegetables, IMO i'd stick to red & green probably.

I am sure if i'm wrong somebody will soon correct me, as I have never done an EE day :)

7. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
    Hi Nicki

Have you tried eating veg in different ways? For example, some people don't like cooked cabbage but love it raw in coleslaw.

Also, have you tried all the veg recently? Sometimes people have a bad soggy school dinners experience that puts them off for years. As time passes, your palate becomes more accepting of tastes that you did not like when younger.

8. LuhLuhLoser

LuhLuhLoser 4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.

Start Weight:
    15st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(21%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    What about mushrooms, onions and peppers? I tend to forget they're superfree sometimes. There are a few different ways of cooking or preparing vegetables to make them taste nicer!

If you really only like cucumber then as long as you are willing to eat a 1/3 of your plate portion size amount then you can still do EE. If not you might be better sticking to green and red days.

Emily

9. Trijian

Trijian Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd say it's worth trying out some veggies, you may surprise yourself. Start with things like raw carrot sticks, maybe some cucumber sticks mixed in, as you like cucumber. Otherwise you're probably best sticking to Red/Green.

I'm quite similar in that I don't do fruit, but that doesn't impact my main meals nearly as much as not eating vegetables. Also, many dishes you barely even notice the vegetables. I had a chilli the other day, full of veggies as well as a bit of meat, and the mild spice in there completely drowned the flavour of the veggies, even celery which I hate!

If you don't want them on their own, experiment with herbs and spices, it's better to eat them disguised than not at all.

10. .Nicki.

.Nicki. Minimin Addict

oh i do love coleslaw, i forgot it was made from veg :D I prob could eat enough cucumber, i love the stuff!
    Thanks for the replies, i love slimming world i'm just a bit skatty and not sure how well i'd do.

11. emma-louise

emma-louise Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    dont forget though hun, you can always have fruit after your meal to make up your 1/3 superfree on EE :)

have you tried roasted veggies? i like carrots, butternut squash, sweet potato, courgette and peppers and if you roast them with a bit of garlic and some herbs they taste really sweet and nice, not too "vegetabley" if that makes sense :p xx

12. sarah83

sarah83 I will be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can also hide veggies in a pasta or curry sauce - cook the veggies all together then blitz in a blender until smooth then add FF fromage frais if you like it creamy - might be a good way of getting extras

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.