Very different experience at the gym!

Tiger Girl

So I rejoined the gym this weekend. I just haven't felt ready to take the plunge before now, but 5st lighter and the fact that I feel I'm starting to wear someone elses skin (spongey doesn't cover it!), off I went to get my 1st assesment.
There was a slight element of 'fake it til you make it', but I'm so fed up with always feeling intimated and scared that I'll be judged every time I join a gym that I talked myself up to an almost invincible state before I got there! So what, I'm going to be weighed and measured by a bloke, I'm probably going to be surrounded by mega fit bods...etc etc. I just threw all of that off and in I went - as bold as brass! I don't really want a cardio programme just yet as the fat burning is taking care of itself just now and my energy levels are all over the place, but I do want a fantastic strength and toning programme, and I was very assertive with my PT in telling him all of this. I've been doing a fair bit of swimming when I've felt like it and that will continue. It was the first time that I've ever felt really in control in the gym environment. And it really worked!
I had such a great time with my new PT and didn't feel at all intimidated. And the gym scales say I've now hit the 5st magic number on the loss front, with a week and a half still to go in Foundation! (loving the gym scales :D)
I've been a slave to the gym over the years and have never ever really genuinely enjoyed the process. Another first!
:party0011:

Well done for biting the bullet.....hope there werent too many calories in it...lol.
Great that you went in Knowing what you wanted to do instead of being swayed into doing something you didnt want to.

Well done on getting to the gym and telling them what you want. :party0011:

I hope you are on high and looking forward to the next visit.

I too am currently in the gym zone, and enjoying it, looking forward to the next time I go instead of telling myself I have too!

Keep Going

Sam :character00116: :character00115:

Well done. have been promising myself I'd go back to the gym for ages -you might just have inspired me to do it! Thanks.

sounds like how a gym induction should be!
wll done.

Fantastic, and congrats on the loss. I am a gym member but haven't been in ages. I hope that I can get back in soon - you have really inspired me!

I hope you achieve your desired results in the gym - good luck!

I have a bike here, now, sat, here, just, saying......go on.....go on.....Oh gone on then

I will be back on line in 15 mins :wave_cry: out of breath and hot and sweaty :D .

Thanks for helping me get on it :D

Well done for getting back to the gym, you'll feel so much better for it when you know you're helping your body to tone up - stick with it :)

Cath

Yup good on you Tiger Girl, It is hard when you first go back in to a gym as you expect everyone to stare and imagine they are saying things like look at that fat cow. When actually no one takes any notice (except for the desperate old men!!), but after a while you relax and do look forward to it, plus you will notice the difference really quickly.

Keep it up xx

Back