Walking challenge?

Jadeyxx

I sorry if this has already been posted. Are there any walking challenges started at the moment?

Jade

I know this was posted in may but if you still want a walking challenge we could buddy up and workout a challenge??

What u thinking of? X

Hmmm! Well I have to admit I don't do any proper exercise at the moment, that's why I wanted to start with walking. We could start with a 15 min walk twice a day in the first week from tomorrow?? What do you think? If you have any other ideas feel free to shout up hun. X

What about x amount of time waking each week? N that allows freedom of allowing folk to do what they can when they can? Cud always increase the weekly amount each week? X

time2go said:
What about x amount of time waking each week? N that allows freedom of allowing folk to do what they can when they can? Cud always increase the weekly amount each week? X

Yeah sounds good hun. What if we starry small and say 2 hours our week??

I have just started on my diet and was looking for something to motivate me more to exercise so if this starts I will definitely join in :D

I'm starting my training tomorrow for a 26 mile charity walk in September (should have started two months ago but I had a broken hand). I need to walk 3 times a week with two shorter walks (7+ miles) and one longer one (14+ miles). I know this is a bit more than you people, but can I share my progress? Tomorrow I'm doing 12 miles with the OH and 2 dogs. I usually do 2 miles a day with the dogs and 3 runs a week (3 miles). I really need some motivation and dedication to work up to 26 miles, so I'm hoping you can all help me :)

wow that is a lot of walking, I would love to work upto that did start building up got to 9 miles but then had a problem with my knee and had to stop, going to try to build it up again slowly, will be good to see you make your goal.

Ok girls so what shall we decide on?? I personally prefer to do two 15 min walks per day, but I'll go along with what everyone decides. X

slimmersally said:
I'm starting my training tomorrow for a 26 mile charity walk in September (should have started two months ago but I had a broken hand). I need to walk 3 times a week with two shorter walks (7+ miles) and one longer one (14+ miles). I know this is a bit more than you people, but can I share my progress? Tomorrow I'm doing 12 miles with the OH and 2 dogs. I usually do 2 miles a day with the dogs and 3 runs a week (3 miles). I really need some motivation and dedication to work up to 26 miles, so I'm hoping you can all help me :)

Of course hun. How long does it take you to walk that distance? X

It takes me an hour to do 5000 steps. So shall we say 2500 a day to start with then? And we're post the exact amount of steps we did a day on here. If u walk 5000 u burn off about 200 cals. So 2500 would be 100 cals off. That's 100 extra to eat a day. X

Okay, I'll start us going... I aim to walk 20 mins a day for the first week, so what's that 140 mins. I'll start a list, add your name and your own goal in whatever terms you like x

Time2go: 0/140 mins walked

I picked time cos I have no way of measuring steps x

I'm Gunna be a bit different coz I walk the dogs sometime I can be out go hours but standing in one spot calling them back lol so I'm Gunna do it by steps. I'm Gunna say 20,000 steps which should take 4 hours

Time2go: 0/140 mins walked[/QUOTE
Rosierose15; 0/20,000 steps walked

Time2go: 0/140 mins walked[/QUOTE
Rosierose15; 0/20,000 steps walked
Jubob1- 210 mins pw
Sandradee- 0/20000 steps walked

Of course hun. How long does it take you to walk that distance? X

I'm hoping to walk 3.5mph so 12 mile should take less than 4 hours . . . will let you know later on Saturday :)

Back