want to start weight watchers without meetings... PLEASE HELP!!

Hey there. i want to start weight watchers as my friend started last year and has lost lots and lots!! but i'd like to do it without the meetings, is this possible and where could i find the pro points info please?!!? im 14 stone now, biggest ive ever been so i am desperate!! i want to lose 2 stone!! xx

I joined WW on line. I'm too old to attend meetings, plus I don't wish to - can't be bothered with them. Or you could just buy a calculator & do it yourself.

I brought my bits off the WW mag and follow it at home and come on here lots every day! I know there are apps that can help with points,hopefully someone will come along with the correct info for you,good luck on your WW journey :0)

Hi there, I go to meetings but they're obviously not for everyone...Your best bet, as has already been mentioned, is to buy a propoints calculator so you can calculate the propoints using the nutritional values of the food you eat. Alternatively if you have a smartphone you can download a weightwatchers app that you can use to calculate and track points. The latter would be the cheapest alternative as the apps only cost a couple of £s. However if you attended one WW meeting using a 'free registration' voucher (available on the WW website) you would be given a free folder with a guide to the PP in common foods and get a talk from the leader on how the plan works. You could also buy your calculator there and any books you might like, like the shopping guide. Hope that helps.

I do ww online but thinking of giving up on the pro points as its taking forever to lose unlike when I did it with old points in 2008 and I also come on hear too.

Good luck :)

I do ww at home and found I have to be extremely strict with weigh in. Pick a day, time and stick to it. Also I bought my starting pack on ebay and other bits and pieces

Hello! I dont pay or go to meeting either! I just do everything online! I got the calculator and the food shopping book off ebay which are both pretty important and if i get stuck i google or come on here! I weigh myself each week on a certain day and just try and do as much exercise as i can, and ive lost nearly 3 stone :) Good luck with it :) just come back here and ask more questions if you need to find anything out! :)

I do WW on my own :) If you have an android phone or iphone/ipod touch I would really recommend Ultimate Weight Watchers Diary (seems to be called Ultimate Value Diary for iphone) It is less than £2 and a really useful tool. You can calculate points, track food, weight loss and inch loss on it :) Otherwise look on ebay...there are always starter kits around on there :) Good luck!

I did it online and found the iphone app really helped with keeping track of points. You just need to be strict with yourself and weigh every week.

You just need to be strict with yourself and weigh every week.

That is probably the hardest part :p Pick a time you are going to weigh and stick to it. I weigh as soon as I get up on Sunday morning...makes it easier to stick to as it just slots in to the getting up routine :)

jensonbuttongirl said:
That is probably the hardest part :p Pick a time you are going to weigh and stick to it. I weigh as soon as I get up on Sunday morning...makes it easier to stick to as it just slots in to the getting up routine :)

I agree,Monday morning for me plus joining challenges on here keeps the motivation going :0)

I'm just doing it my self, day one for me, finding it quite easy, I just use the wheel

Back