Wanting to return, But!

Vavalgia

Hey all,

I originally started slimming world almost 8 years ago first time around I lost 6 stone and was on top of the world, then my life turned to crap and I put all the weight back on maybe more. I have tried to return to slimming world but the consultants I have tried are well for lack of a better word useless, one guy was full of contradictions and didn't know what he was on about second one well she was more interested in the star performers staying slim then anyone else. And finally the most recent one well all he wanted was bums in seats he told us that straight up one day because he wanted some award from head office, he turned out to be a two faced liar and a complete suck up when management was around he also used to nick ideas from group and pass them off as his own really really irritating.

So I'm cautious about finding a consultant who cares for you as an individual like my first consultant did, but I'm also worried about the state of slimming world, because of the bad consultants I'm confused about it. One says you can cook chicken with the skin on the other said you can't the third absurdly protested that the meat absorbs the fat so cook it on a lifted rack or it won't be syn free. All in the while I'm carrying on like i did previously bring told everything in doing is wrong I was told melds I come which were originally syn free are not now even though I know they are also I wasn't allowed to use a normal portion of cous cous to coat things with or use it as a quiche base even though an email I showed him from sw had office said it was OK as long as it was prepared as normal.

I know I've gone on a bit but this time I just want to finally find a consultant who isn't arrogant who isnt condescending and who helps you. Has slimming world changed? Is some of the things I've been told true because I really don't know any more and I don't want to go back to a group just to be contradicted again.

Hey all,

I originally started slimming world almost 8 years ago first time around I lost 6 stone and was on top of the world, then my life turned to crap and I put all the weight back on maybe more. I have tried to return to slimming world but the consultants I have tried are well for lack of a better word useless, one guy was full of contradictions and didn't know what he was on about second one well she was more interested in the star performers staying slim then anyone else. And finally the most recent one well all he wanted was bums in seats he told us that straight up one day because he wanted some award from head office, he turned out to be a two faced liar and a complete suck up when management was around he also used to nick ideas from group and pass them off as his own really really irritating.

So I'm cautious about finding a consultant who cares for you as an individual like my first consultant did, but I'm also worried about the state of slimming world, because of the bad consultants I'm confused about it. One says you can cook chicken with the skin on the other said you can't the third absurdly protested that the meat absorbs the fat so cook it on a lifted rack or it won't be syn free. All in the while I'm carrying on like i did previously bring told everything in doing is wrong I was told melds I come which were originally syn free are not now even though I know they are also I wasn't allowed to use a normal portion of cous cous to coat things with or use it as a quiche base even though an email I showed him from sw had office said it was OK as long as it was prepared as normal.

I know I've gone on a bit but this time I just want to finally find a consultant who isn't arrogant who isnt condescending and who helps you. Has slimming world changed? Is some of the things I've been told true because I really don't know any more and I don't want to go back to a group just to be contradicted again.
If the old green and red plan suited you, which obviously it did as you lost an amazing 6st, perhaps, you could stick with what you know and do it from home or online...or change things up completely and try WW.

Hey all,

Have you considered doing it online? They tend to have a couple of online chats a week where there are two consultants online responding to any questions. It's a bit of a slow moving painful chat as they have to approve every post for it to appear and can vary from lots and lots of questions to an hour of pretty much no questions and everyone giving their personal stories but it;s helped me with a few ideas as other members of the chat give their opinions on things too.

As for the chicken. The welcome pack states these:

1535884556833.png

1535884568560.png

I've heard mixed reviews about slimming world consultants. My sister has had 3 consultants and one has been brilliant, one she felt was there just to sell more products and the other one spent every session telling everyone how to cook her version of dirty rice and how she has it 7 days a week sometimes twice a day and it's the best thing anyone can eat!

The one downfall on the online one is if you like hifi bars you have to pay £4 postage to get them delivered. If you like certificates as well you don't get these online, just a pdf which doesn't quite have the same effect!

Back