Water intake?

danielpartyuk

Hi!

So my water intake on this diet is awful --- how much does it actually affect the diet if you don't have that much water?

Thanks x

Hi!
The water is to help keep you hydrated - could be a reason for weight gain and feeling unwell. At a minimum you should be having 2 litres, and 4 litres is the max amount.

The water also helps to fill you up, so if you are finding the diet hard, it could well be because of your body not having enough water.

Do be careful, you can become unwell.

How much water do you think you may be having?
A few things that may help...Have you tried the water flavourings? Do you know that you can have the perfectly clear strawberry and kiwi (it has no citric acid in it) ? Have you tried clipper's white tea? It's not as strong as 'normal' tea, but is much less bitter without the milk. :)

Big Hugs x x x

oooh i didn't know about the perfectly clear...are u sure this is ok for ss?

I know this might sound weird but i find it easier drinking water out the glass than out the bottle. I bought 6 large bottles of evian and have just been re-using the bottles and putting in the fridge, but couldn't drink the full 2L untill i used a pint glass and i had drank 2L by early afternoon!
xxx

the perfectly clear strawberry /kiwi is sparkling.
u can have it but as with coke zero u shouldnt have more than one pint a day.

re: water intake, have u tried making jelly from the water flavouring. 1 teaspoon water flavouring makes 1/2 litre jelly which goes towards ur water intake.

I think the water does help with the diet just to keep you hydrated and not have the empty feeling.... but the more you drink the more you shrink saying I don't think is totally right as have heard people on here say it's like a myth:p I struggle with the water too, especially now the weather will be getting colder lol...but what i do is either use the 500ml bottles or the volvic litre bottle and try and drink at least 3 litres...anything over that is a bonus:D

With regards to perfectly clear.....these are not on the "official" allowable fluids, but the 2 flavours I know of that contain malic acid (i think thats what it's called lol) not the citric acid is the strawberry and kiwi as emma said, which is sparkling. And also the apple flavoured still one. The others contain citric acid :eek:.

the official reasoning behind needing 4.25 litres minimum water per day is because on a 'normal' conventional diet 70% of our food is water (hidden). obviously on cd. LL, etc we are not consuming conventional foods and so our natural water intake is much less so we need to replenish what we are missing out on from a more natural diet.

I struggle drinking all the water too and I wonder if it really does affect your weight losses. I should maybe try an experiment.

the official reasoning behind needing 4.25 litres minimum water per day is because on a 'normal' conventional diet 70% of our food is water (hidden). obviously on cd. LL, etc we are not consuming conventional foods and so our natural water intake is much less so we need to replenish what we are missing out on from a more natural diet.

Has the official amount of water gone back up to over 4 litres? As my cdc told me it was now 2.5 litres drink extra if you have tetra's and bars hence i've only been drinking 3/3.5 litres :confused:

Yeah I can see your points! It's true that perfectly clear and coke zero are not "official". Having said that - it was a year and a half ago! It was perfectly acceptable and I defo used it to my advantage - and have never had any effects physically or on the scales. :)
I have a pint of either perfectly clear or coke zero EVERY DAY! Take a look at my signature to see my losses...In my opinion, drinks without the citric acid and sugar are fine.
Hugs x x x

I drink at least 4 litres daily not including a can of coke zero every now and then in the week.

I get thirsty personally and need that fluid! Lord knows how people survive on much less water?

2.25litres is the bare minimum if you on shakes. you will need extra if your having tetra's, bars, if the weathers warm or if youve done some exercise. also if your thirsty then have some more to drink, if you think your hungry, have a glass of water as alot of folks who think they are hungry acctually arnt, they are thirsty

I drink between 4-5.5 litres of water a day, i am more worried about not peeing as much as i drink (sorry to be blatant) & adding lbs

Has the official amount of water gone back up to over 4 litres? As my cdc told me it was now 2.5 litres drink extra if you have tetra's and bars hence i've only been drinking 3/3.5 litres :confused:

oops, terribly sorry there. i meant 2.25litres , which equates to 4 pints :eek:.
to clarify 2.25 litres or 4 pints is the minimum requires on cd. as for a maximum i think as long as u arent flushing fluids (drinking huge amounts in a short time) u can safely drink a fair amount. i often drink 4-6 litres but this is spread evenly over the day.
never would i sit and 'gulp' back excessive amounts of water as that is where u go into the danger zones of water intoxication.

the water is also ADDITIONAL to any other drinks consumed so even with the perfectly clear and coke zero (which are not allowed on SS) tea and coffee etc, you need to still be drinking at least 2.25l.

I drink about 6l a day throughout the day in addition to the water in my shakes, i pee all day long! but it suits me and stops me mouth being so dry!

get glugging!!!!

xx

tea and coffee is included in the 2.25litres u need to drink .
the 2.25 litres does not need to be pure water.
i often make a pint of jelly which is also part of the 2.25litres required (although generally i have no problem cunsuming much more anyway)

Back