watermelon

It's superfree. Enjoy :)

watermelon isnt superfree, but it is a FREE food. It just means you can't count it towards your 1/3 superfree if doing extra easy.

Our stand-in consultant needs re-educating then, she told us yesterday it was superfree. :(

OK, I've just got my book out and looked - it is definitely, definitely listed on the Superfree page. It says "Melon (all varieties except watermelon)" but then down in the "W" it says "Watermelon". It is very definitely there on the Superfree page.

OK, I've just got my book out and looked - it is definitely, definitely listed on the Superfree page. It says "Melon (all varieties except watermelon)" but then down in the "W" it says "Watermelon". It is very definitely there on the Superfree page.

It definately isnt superfree, it is free though. Are you sure you are not confusing the s which stand for speed food. ss is superfree.

SS means Super Speed, not Superfree.

I've got my book in front of me.

From page 7 of the Food Optimising book under Symbol Sense:

C or CC means a food is a good source of Calcium.
F or FF means a good source of fibre.
H or HH means particularly nutritious or important for good health.
S means Speed food.
SS means Super Speed food.

Everything on pages 11 and 12 is a Superfree food. Each page is headed "Superfree Foods" and at the bottom of page 10 it says "All these foods are free on Extra Easy, Green and Original."

All melons are superfree.
All melons except watermelon are superspeed foods.
Watermelon is a speed food.

(page 11 of the book)

So you can have as much as you like. Watermelon goes beautifully with feta cheese (42g for a HEXA) - there is something about the combination of textures and flavours which works really well.

Same in my book too! I only got mine last week so maybe they've changed their minds about it???

I eat loads of melon. My favourite is the Piel de Sapo variety - a bit like a honeydew melon but with a rough green skin (piel de sapo actually means "skin of a toad" which is slightly offputting, but they really are delicious!).

Back