Wedding guest!?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Keighleyjo2010, 18 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Keighleyjo2010

Keighleyjo2010 Silver Member

I need help, have a wedding to go to in aug, I have no idea what I can wear or where to buy my dress. I am aiming to be a size 14 by then! I am looking at dresses now but don't know if they would be ok for a wedding.

I need help!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    If I were you, I'd wait until about 2weeks before. At that time of year there's always lots of gorgeous wedding suitable dresses in the shops. By then you will have much clearer idea of what is the right size.

That'll be much better than buying something too small (which you'll then be angry that you can fit into) or buying something too big that won't flatter your new smaller shape (fingers crossed!)

Also, if you have lost lots of weight, shopping will be a pleasure and you'll love (not hate) trying to find something to wear at short notice.

4. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    i would wait too. i bought an outfit about a month before a christening and then the trousers were too big. i had to take them back and they only had a skirt in my size. i went to coast. i love their clothes. i would recommend coast or monsoon if you have the dosh in august.

5. peachy7

peachy7 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm aiming to be at target by a september wedding im going to so i intend to buy a dress from coast, monsoon, oasis, warehouse or karen millen in their summer sale

6. 212degrees

212degrees 112lbs lost - 28 to go!

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(25.84%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm a lover of Boohoo.com - have sooooo much stuff from there! and there's always something more that i want!

7. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    the lovely black dress in my sig picture was for a wedding i went to last aug... and i felt exactly the same as you.. ooohh what am i going to wear... what size should i buy it...
    i brought that dress 2 weeks before (along side about 50 other dresses (as i shop online) and then sent all the others that were not right back :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.