Week 1 - questions *warning - food talk*

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by katalena, 1 November 2009 Social URL.

1. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

Here come all the foody questions for you wonderul experienced RTM'ers!

When it says you can have lettuce (any) and salad leaves (any) does that include:

• rocket
    • pea shoots
    Am I also right in saying that "single-protein" means you choose "one" thing of the protein list? i.e. you don't have chicken "and" cottage cheese? Would it be ok to have two different sorts of fish as one portion providing you have the same amount that you would if it was one fish?

More to follow no doubt :D

Kat xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. wooster

wooster Well-Known Member

Oh dear, for my first dinner I had a quorn fillet with a bit of cottage cheese - did I mess up on my first meal?!

4. slendablenda

slendablenda Well-Known Member

In the great scheme of things I don't suppose either would matter too much, but I would say
    yes to Rocket and no to pea shoots at first. Salad leaves -just the leaves.
    e.g. Cos, Little gem, round lettuce, lamb's lettuce, watercress, frisee etc, etc.

Regarding the protein;
    I would interpret it to mean just 1 type per meal.
    Honestly at first you just need and want to keep it really simple. Your stomach needs to adjust gradually.
    You can play later. There's your whole life ahead.
    Good luck, don't get too hung up about it
    and mostly - enjoy xx;)

5. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

Thanks SB. I am more than happy for it to be simple and I have no concerns at all about it or feeling hung up about it. Just wanted to be clear about a couple of things.

Kat xx

6. thin_inside

thin_inside I Can Do This!

Does spinach count as a salad leaf?

7. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

TI - it is in the food list.

Kat xx

8. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

I sometimes split my proteins and had half of one and half of another in one meal.

I couldnt wait for Rocket - I remember saying I was going to buy myself a big bag of it, climb in, and eat my way out of it!! :D

9. thin_inside

thin_inside I Can Do This!

Duh - I should look before I ask!

10. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

That is what I was hoping to be able to do. I assume it is best to do so after the first couple of days.

Kat xx

11. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

as long as you don't go over about 4 oz of protein, I can't see what diff it makes. I started doing it from day two - mixed a bit of salmon and cottage cheese to make the salad have more moisture. :)

12. katalena

katalena Enjoying life!

Fab - thank you! xx