week one

helpmeplease

Hi all,

I was just afer some adivse, I started LighterLife last week and am up to day 6 now and have lost 10lbs and feel brilliant.

I am over the moon with this but I just wondered how much this would slow down over the coming weeks.

I am basically loosing 1lb a day at the moment (no cheating), also how much will stopping the diet for a day hurt.

I have to go out for a meal in 2 weeks and can not get out of it, my plan is to get straight back on the diet though.

(confession time I am an e bay dieter as I hate the doctors and not big on group hug sessions)

Thanks in advance Paul.

Hi Paul, every person is different with their weight losses irrespective of their size, from 2nd week onwards I think an average of between 2 and 5 lbs is the norm.

Regarding your " I have to go out for a meal in 2 weeks", Dont cheat, we all will always have a social event to attend, it is easy to abstain and enjoy yourself without cheating, you signed up to LL to abstain on foundation, If you do cheat, it will be 10 times harder to stay on track, many many members have regretted it.

sunx

Hi Paul,

You will have mega losses in your first week as your body losses its glycogen store. Gycogen is energy your body stores in the muscles and liver and you can have 2-3lbs of it in your body. That glycogen also stores more than twice its onw weight in water. You tend to lose all your gygogen and be in twhat is known as ketosis.

Ketosis is when you stop living off your glycogen stores and start using the fat stores.

1lb of fat is the equivelant to 3500 cals so to lose one lb of fat your diet needs to deficient in 3500 cals.

Now onto the important bit. There is absolutely no point in buying LL packs off ebay. :)

It cost me £66 per week to do LL and £32.50p per week to do Cambridge Diet. CD make the packs for LL and works just as well in terms of the nutrician you get in the food packs.

YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THE DOCTORS VISITS ON CD.

The reason there is such a vast difference in the price is because you get so much more on LL than you do with CD. The lions share being the group therapy and the free group therapy availblr to you for up to 1 year after going through management.

If you are not getting any of the extras by buying on eBay then you are wasting your money! ;)

You can be on CD for less money (I only need 3 packs on CD as I am under 5ft 8inches but you will need to budget a third more than the £32.50p I quoted) and you get a lot more choice on flavours.

CD gives me a weekly weigh in. It is a private matter that takes 10 mins. I go, get weighed and pay for and collect the next weeks food packs. Easy! :D

Not only that you get a whole raft of info that will tell you the safest and most effective way to lose the weight.

So my advice either do LL properly or do CD as you will save a shed load of money and be more effective at losing the weight so you have to do it for less time ;)

Back