Weekend in Paris - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by skinnymongoose, 26 January 2007 Social URL.

1. skinnymongoose

skinnymongoose Full Member

Diet:
    undecided
    We are thinking of going to Paris for a short break next month for our 20th :eek: wedding anniversary. We went there on our honeymoon all those years ago and haven't ever been back.

Does anyone have any recommendations/good ideas re travel packages, nice hotels, flying versus Eurostar etc?

Any advice welcome......thanks!
    SM

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Sorry I can not help you out:(

Would not mind going myself sometime:rolleyes:

Isobel was there lately and I am sure she could help you out and so was Isis!

How lovely to be going to the most romantic city in the world for your 20th Wedding Anniversary:)

Love Mini xxx

4. skinnymongoose

Diet:
    undecided
    Thanks for replying Mini. Yes I guess it is romantic, just hope it not as freezing as it was 20 yrs ago, it was sub zero temps in the day then, we nearly froze!
    SM

5. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up

Any excuse to snuggle up together .........eh ! ;)

6. skinnymongoose

Diet:
    undecided
    Yeah, Sonkie, you're right! Not that newly weds really need any excuse ;) . Wonder what'll happen 20 years on ?! :eek:
    SM

7. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I have flown, gone by ferry and by eurostar. I can thoroughly recommend eurostar - pleasant, quick and relatively cheap. Lots of deals this time of year - 2 for 1 type thing.

Ooooo getting jealous now - I want to go back again! Absolutely adore Paris - been there about 10/15 times on trips.

Have a lovely time which ever way you go! Bon voyage!

8. skinnymongoose

Diet:
    undecided
    Hi Flirty,
    Any websites you would recommend? Or do you normally book thru' an agent? If so, which?? I've never been on Eurostar and I quite fancy the idea. Any more tips would be very appreciated.

Hope you get to go again soon yourself!
    SM

9. xxvicki20xx

xxvicki20xx Vicki, Fife

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    I just got back from my honey moon in paris a couple of weeks ago.

We stayed in hotel innova its in pasteur and right opposite is a metro station and walking distance from las invalides, the eiffel tower and the river sein. I think you should fly, we did from scotland and it only took one hour 10min and ryan air have some amazing deals.

10. xxvicki20xx

xxvicki20xx Vicki, Fife

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Bring warm clothes. it was cold most of the time while we were there on the 16th

11. skinnymongoose

Diet:
    undecided
    Thanks xxvicki20xx, I will certainly look into both hotel and ryan air. Hope you had a wonderful honermoon and every happiness in your future married life. Congratulations!
    SM

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.