Does anyone do "No Spend Days" (NSD)??

Ok, I really need to start doing this! Especially since me and my friend are trying to save up for something pretty big we have planned next year. I still live at home with my family but because i plan most of the food shopping, i'm the one who pops out to Asda up the road when we need something- needs to stop, along with popping into local shops for non- food things.

Here goes!

I really need to start this as well, spent £15 in tesco last night looked in the fridge for something for lunch today and found nothing.

The only spend I will have today will be my bus ticket which has already been purchased this morning!

Saturday - weekly shop, plus newspapers (for the crosswords, only buy newspapers with prize crosswords in them - the rest of the week I read the papers on-line)
Sunday - newspapers
Monday - went to the library for books (free!). Also purchased a second-hand book on Abebooks.co.uk - £7
Tuesday - no spending
Wednesday - no spending

The Abebooks purchase was for a book I have been wanting for a while for a project I am doing. It is rather obscure, published in 1946, and I would have spent a lot more if I had gone into second-hand shops looking for it, probably not finding it but buying a whole lot of other books instead!

I have found that since they changed my bus route and it no longer stops just between Lakeland and John Lewis, I am not spending anything in those shops. My terrible laziness has advantages sometimes!!

My guilty pleasure is buying mascaras, just because I am always on the hunt for one that's really good. I bought 3 in the past week! I need to save for a break away in September so I will just use the ones I already have. Yesterday was a no spend day since I had a cold and was snuggled up on the sofa.

Yesterday was a NSD :)

Today I need to buy birthday presents for my mam and also something for tea as I won't get home until past 11pm

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yesterday was my first non spend day in ages and that was because I bought more food then I needed so didn't buy snacks or a can of drink!!

So going for day 2 today...

What a fab thread, I love it :)

We are off to Mexico on Monday so I've not spent anything the last few days as money is tight.
i went into the coop the other day with £6 cash and made sure I nly bought the things I actually needed which really helps as usually I'd be tempted by the things on offer etc xxxx

Well done Cavegirl :)
I can see me getting addicted to this thread but that will be a good thing because I've read through most of the pages on here and found it really useful.
Ive got a few bits on eBay that end tomorrow too and most of them have bids on too so there's some extra cash for us.

Today I've not spent a thing.... Because we are going to Mexico on Monday I'm trying hard not to buy any food/drink unless it is really needed so I've just been through my freezer and dug out the next 3 days worth of meals so I'm super impressed....
Spag Bol tomorrow, smoked haddock and mash on thurs and curry on Friday.

Saturday I am going over to my mums as she is looking after Ronnie my guinea pig whist we are on holiday so we will eat at hers.
Sunday night we will be driving up to Manchester airport and staying over so we will eat at the hotel (So I'm hoping we don't have to spend any money now until at least Sunday night lol) :)

Then Monday its my birthday woo hoo and we will be on that flight to Mexico :D xxxx

I need to rejoin this thread too, I am still trying to get used to budgeting weekly pay and doing ok but need to curb silly spending so I can get saving properly whilst clearing my debts.
I will have to do a slightly different approach with my nsd's as I'm a nanny and often have to spend my own money to fund activities etc. I do get to claim that money back in expenses though so I do get it back, its just a case of making sure I don't fritter it away once its cash in my pocket rather than in the bank.
I have my weekly budget written in my diary week by week, what I have to transfer to who and which account and to savings etc, then what I have left to spend. Need to stick to it! Good luck nsd- ers :)

I spent £3.50 today at Costa.It was 7am,I had walked 2.5 miles and needed a large cuppa and an almond croissant as I knew that was all I was going to have until the afternoon and didn't have access to a kettle.:)

At least you didn't spend too much though :) xxx

I started it and disappeared lol.
Time to get back on it though, hubby picked up his new car yesterday so i need to try and get it back from other areas, oh and save for a holiday somewhere in September...

Roll on the NSD's!

Fab job everyone, i hope you save/make more than you need :) xx

Just £12 of petrol today, my car is so little that's pretty much 1/3 of a tank lol. Should see me till middle of next week hopefully! Got to be extra careful with my nsd this week, had to take yesterday off sick so lost a days money. Luckily I get paid weekly so its only this week it affects but still not much fun having to tighten the belt even more :(

I'm very pleased tonight as my bits on eBay have ended and everyone who won items has already paid so I've just transferred £107.17 to our account :D
Happy days!! xxxx

excellent. am very behind with the wonder of ebay. what do you sell and how do you work out the postage amount?

excellent. am very behind with the wonder of ebay. what do you sell and how do you work out the postage amount?

You can sell anything, really and i always work out the postage by weighing whatever it is and Royal mail have a postage calculator which you enter the weight and it tells you how much different services cost, and then i usually add £1 for the additional weight of packaging. Or you could add the cost into the price if doing a "buy it now" and then list it as free postage :)

Today is pay day, or in this house, bill day, so today will definately not be a NSD but hubby at work all weekend so planning on a NSD weekend for me to make up for it :)

Back