Weekends are hell!!!!!

keke22

Ahhhh it's Friday- I am in such a mood and hate the diet this evening, but I know it's just cus the weekends here and I know how hard it's going to be!!
Any ideas on how to keep me on the wagon?? :(

Hi I am on day two so not yet in ketosis and I say Distraction distraction distraction!!! Keep busy and your mind occupied so to don't have a moment to think about food. That's my current coping strategy :)

I was just thinking the same thing when I noticed this post! I'm bored! One thing I've learnt is how much time I thought about food, eating food and generally stuffing my face! I've noticed a huge difference in my bank balance too. Spent 3 quid all week! Winner! I'm considering going for a walk or sorting through the kids cupboards! I did loads of beauty bits yester, washed my hair, did my tan, etc and that passed some time x

Got over the weekend!! Not often that I look forward to a Monday!! Weigh in on Wednesday. Hope the agony of the weekend shows on the scales! Lol

Good luck. I've been on this diet since Jan & the weekend thing does get better but I still find weekdays a lot easier.

Weekends are BORING. I can cope without food (I'm on 810 anyway) but I miss wine. So so much. Another teetotal weekend ahead and I am DREADING it.

(That's if I get through the work p*ss up tomorrow and the gig on Friday evening)

810 is three packs a day plus some skimmed milk and protein and veg. I've mainly been having 240gram chicken and then 80g salad leaves or broccoli.

Do u think it's difficult not to nibble when on it? I think if I was allowed food I might go off the rails completely!! Do u stay in ketosis whilst on this diet?x

I can only agree with everyone else. Weekends are the hardest, so much time to fill and with all the extra energy you have on this diet you just HAVE to find something to fill it with. Things I've done to fill the time;

riding my bike
going to the gym
cleaning
laundry
ironing
gardening
visiting parents
working on new web sites to bring myself some extra money in
clearing out wardrobes and dumping clothes that are too big for me
cleaning out that spare bedroom thats actually just been a complete mess of a junk roon for the last few years
decorating
laying new flooring in my bathroom

basically.. anything that keeps you busy, works off energy so you can sleep well at night and is healthy for you!

This was tricky, because previously my life consisted of a lot of sitting on the sofa watching TV and mucnhing on stuff. Now i'm seriously considering cancelling my cable TV subscription because I cant remember the last time I sat down watching telly.

Its alll about breaking old habits, and making new, healthier ones! Good luck!!

I started just trying to stay bed for as long as possible but I felt I was cheating and missing half the day. I agree with Mikey - you've just got to pack a lot in at the weekend. I had a couple of "weekends at home" which were torture! I love gardening so I go out straight away and don't have my first pack until very late. Last weekend I went shopping in the West End and then off to the theatre with my cranberry bar. Then on Sunday I accompanied a thin friend to a casting call. Came home and she took my halfway photos which gave me the inspiration I needed for the rest of the day. My latest bit of excitement is throwing out (to charity) clothes as I grow out of them and trying on smaller clothes - can take hours if you do a lot of prancing in the mirror!

I'm on day 3 of the diet and I'm just starting to get used to it. I can't want to see the results. Only problem I'm away next weekend for a hen night! Any tips. I was thinking about eating healthily the Friday and Saturday and then starting again on Sunday! I can't really avoid alcohol on this one!

I started just trying to stay bed for as long as possible but I felt I was cheating and missing half the day. I agree with Mikey - you've just got to pack a lot in at the weekend. I had a couple of "weekends at home" which were torture! I love gardening so I go out straight away and don't have my first pack until very late. Last weekend I went shopping in the West End and then off to the theatre with my cranberry bar. Then on Sunday I accompanied a thin friend to a casting call. Came home and she took my halfway photos which gave me the inspiration I needed for the rest of the day. My latest bit of excitement is throwing out (to charity) clothes as I grow out of them and trying on smaller clothes - can take hours if you do a lot of prancing in the mirror!
This made me laugh because i have done the same. Last years summer clothes which were becoming quite 'snug'..(for snug read tight ...lol), now fit me and in most cases are quite loose...my sister is a bit miffed cos I promised them to her.....

Oh how very glamorous! Shopping on the west end and off to teh theatre! wish i could do that! I love the theatre, and i've been to my local theatre a LOT more since i been on this diet

I have been getting the weekend dread feeling too! I have only started on the plan today and have had a good day as my shakes etc have been structured around work....being a teacher I can only have them at break or lunch. But I am a bit worried that the weekend will be really hard as the days are not so structured and I won't be so busy! Guess I will have to try and find jobs around the house that need doing to keep myself busy. As long as I am doing something I should be ok.......I hope!!!!!

Hi rach! I'm a teacher too-I have my first shake a lunch time-the ready-made shakes from the carton. I slurp it down quickly in my classroom before heading to the staffroom and having a black coffee! Don't like people knowing I'm doing it and can't believe I've got away with it for 2 wks now without someone saying "are you not eating?". Lol
Dreading the weekend too- would rather do 40 weekdays than one weekend!!

mikeyB said:
Oh how very glamorous! Shopping on the west end and off to teh theatre! wish i could do that! I love the theatre, and i've been to my local theatre a LOT more since i been on this diet

Not that glamorous - i didn't buy anything and the cost of a theatre ticket is less than a night out eating and drinking! I've been to the cinema and theatre a lot lately as there isn't a great deal else to do at night when you are n CD. I also discovered my local theatre in SE London - only £8 per ticket with a nice bar where I sip my water and eat my CD bar!

Hi rach! I'm a teacher too-I have my first shake a lunch time-the ready-made shakes from the carton. I slurp it down quickly in my classroom before heading to the staffroom and having a black coffee! Don't like people knowing I'm doing it and can't believe I've got away with it for 2 wks now without someone saying "are you not eating?". Lol
Dreading the weekend too- would rather do 40 weekdays than one weekend!!
I couldn't do this without my workmates support....haven't they noticed you've lost weight??
hugs
xx

Hey keke! My head of department is also doing the CD so at least we can sit together in our office at lunch and have our shakes, it's also cool to have someone else to talk to about it!

You have already experienced the weekends on the plan I guess? I am really not looking forward to tomorrow, think my house will be spotless by the end of the day. Must keep busy, must keep busy- my new motto to not think about food!

Hope you have a good Friday xx :greenapple:

Yes this will be my third weekend! I'm thinking about it too much tho-feeling sorry for myself when I hear I others actually having a social life :( we have bought a new house so I'll try to keep busy with that! Never thought is say it, but I can't wait for Monday!!

Back