Weekly weigh-in thread

I just realised that it has taken me just under four months to lose what took me two years to put on...go Atkins! I went to a party on Christmas Eve, almost all gay men in their 50s, and they were fluttering at my side - "How did you do it?", "Will you help?", etcetera lol. Made such a nice change from being told off for not getting my hair done :)

LOL at that mental picture Susie, but bet it felt good! :)

Bren, who are 'they'????? Do you want to lose a little more? And if so, why shouldn't you? :)

I never actually got to my goal but had lost loads in my face and even I could see it but would have continued had I not been bombarded with "you have lost enough" comments...........am hoping that things have now redistributed enough for me to get down to what I want to be, which is not unreasonable, the top of my bmi.....

I just realised that it has taken me just under four months to lose what took me two years to put on...go Atkins! I went to a party on Christmas Eve, almost all gay men in their 50s, and they were fluttering at my side - "How did you do it?", "Will you help?", etcetera lol. Made such a nice change from being told off for not getting my hair done :)

Totally brilliant - hope you carry on in the same way for the new year - btw you keep some strange company lol

That's a fab way of looking at it, isn't it? Two years of crap carbs to get it on, four months of lovely Atkins to get it back off. :) Susie you will fly from here on petal. :)

I am still kicking myself that at 48 I have only just got it right.....
how much life have I missed?????? but am making up for it now :D

Bren, I got that 'don't lose any more weight' crap loads (although I lost half of what you did) and I never paid it a blind bit of notice. Some of it (lots of it) came from people who had a vested interest in me being 'the fat one' if I'm honest. I don't see so much of those folks now. And it doesn't matter when you hit it, only that you do hit it. :D

Last edited:
I'm a year older than you Bren and sometimes wonder why I didn't get my a*se into gear sooner - but hey, life is life, and we're doing it now, so bring it on! Je ne regrette rien, and all that :)

........and i;m another year older again, and also wonder why oh why hav, e i spent half my life fat and miserable about it!
echo again what you said earlier about not having a hairy fit that at this time of year have deviated a bit, because i just know for certain that it will come back off in jig time. terrific to feel in control at last!

ah well, I spent most of my life very fit and active, then I left the Army and within 7 years was as fat as a pig, just shows really.

Last edited:
Ditto here...49 this month & struggled since I was a teenager until THIS!!!! :)
Forgot to post my weight -1lb this week :) so pleased with that. Off on out Transatlantic crossing today, so it may go up a tad ;)

Have a good trip Sharon.

have a wonderful time. you have more hoildays than Judith Chalmers ;)

Well done on the first official loss of 2011 Cinta, have a great holiday and we'll see you when you come back!

Back