Weekly weigh-in thread

Well... I thought I'd jump in on this thread and let you know that I've lost a lb today... But it's a miserable weight loss over the last 5 weeks that I've been on Atkins ... Only lost 10 lbs in total and I've been really good ... But I might not be eating enough! I feel lots better though... :)

I only lost 10lbs in two months, so you're doing better than I am! lol!

I dont think I was eating enough fat tho, so hopefully this week should be better since I've pretty much lived off of fried food and creamy stuff! :p

Thanks Claire... It can be so disheartening when the loss is so slow - you've done really well to persevere with it! :)

I love cooking in coconut oil & butter now. After 14 months I truly trust this WOE :D
1lb off for me this week. That's 3lbs in 10 days so I'm over the moon with that. I can't expect a big loss this far down the line.:D

Lost the same 2lbs I gained last week. I swear I think my body doesn't want to go any lower than 199lbs.

Any suggestions as to how I can force it?! Been losing and gaining the same 2lbs for weeks now :(

Count every carb Claire. Write it down. Plenty of water & fat. Good luck hun, you can do it x

I'm going to have to work out how to use this fitness pal thingy. Count the eggs and everything I think.

I stared at it earlier, but it seemed like a bit of a pain in the bum. I worked out how many carbs are in my muffins, and including the carbs in eggs,its less carbs than I've been allowing!

So I'm not blaming carb creep becuase I always over estimate carbs as opposed to under.

Besides, I'm do vat accounting, I can count off the top of my head, so I'm good at keeping track of my numbers! :p

Last edited:
I wouldn't have the time or patience to use it I don't think! Do you think maybe with overestimating your carbs you are not eating enough? Vicky seems to lose better at a much higher level.........

Hmm.... I generally eat more than 20g a day. Do you think I should aim to have 30g a day for a week and see if that helps?

Depends, are you still on induction or have you moved on to OWL Claire

Gone to OWL, but I still try to keep my carbs quite minimal. Is this a mistake? Some days if I eat over 30g of carbs I feel quite disappointed in myself. One day I had about 40g and felt like I'd ruined everything! lol!

Its difficult of me to really let go of the 20g carb thing i think

Jeez its only when i get to about 80 i feel like ive ruined it. Try and stick 30-35 and see. I hardly ever lose on induction levels.

Ok... I'll aim to hit the 30s! That coffee truffle probably helped! haha!

im up to 48g carbs already today!

Hehe! I'm at about 18g! :p

Back