Weekly weigh-in thread

Just sometimes happens Louisa, you will most likely have a good loss next week. Obviously skipping lunch isn't ideal but I doubt it's the reason you haven't lost weight. Another thing to remember is that not all improvements in your body are shown on the scales.

Hmmm interesting, thankyou Jim.

Feeling rather disheartened this morning.

But this is a new week, i will try keeping to the 3 meals, make sure i am drinking enough water and hopefully i will see a better result next week :)

You may also be suffering a mini stall because you lost so much the first couple of weeks Louisa.

I agree with both. Week 3 is always a staller for me or not a very impressive loss. However, women especially, our bodies work on a monthly cycle and it's best to gauge the losses over a month and then divide it by 4.2 (weeks per month) and work out an average weekly loss.

Food for thought anyhow.

Just remember that you are loosing and that's incentive enough to keep going.

Bren
X

Hi Bessie, yes snacking can be a diet killer love.

Thought this diet allowed you to graze...

I've had:
Half a bar
3 sausages

2 x Matchbox cheese
Pork scratchings
Advantage bar

Chicken
Spinach
Brocolli

All eaten as a graze throughout the day

Looking at what you are snacking on then that's fine, but are you adding them into your total carbs Penny?

***Morning***

Hellraiser, just seen your pictures, looking good hun!!!!!!!!

Woofy X

Pictures, I missed them! yes mate, looking good. Well done, can't beat a good B&A. :D

Was soooooo disheartened at gaining weight despite sticking to <20g carbs a day that I went on a major carb bender yesterday. You name it, I ate it. Luckily have not gained weight (yet) but have been good today so hopefully I'll be back in the magic k in the next couple of days.

Trying really hard not to overeat. Have been looking at the 'what are we eating today' thread and have realised that I have been over indulging somewhat. My downfall is whipped cream and sugar free jelly. Although low in carbs the cream is very calorific so I suspect my addiction to that and the evil cheese meant weight gain in week three. I'm trying really hard to cut down on it and hopefully the weight will start coming off again.

Ho hum...

Oh Bessie, I had whipping cream & sugar free jelly today & yesterday, hope it doesn't come home to roost..

Think i may join you Laura on the no cheese thing after the weekend! Been a bit lax these last couple days and not seeing any losses so i need to up my game somewhat me thinks. Have got a weekend of hard physical type stuff coming up tho so will wait till monday before i go for it and hopefully will see some better results from then.

Thanks folks.

Wrinkly, it wasn't the s/f jelly and cream that was the problem, it was the quantity - too much cream! I have no will power.

Laura and Claire, if watching my portions doesn't work then I may have to cut out the cheese too. I was doing ok with having Coke zero but if all else fails that'll have to go too.

Fingers crossed we'll all start losing again soon!

Hi all,
Sorry not been on for a week i have been really busy. After reading your posts last week i decided to keep a closer eye on the calorie intake (not that i was excessive last week) and it worked

This week -5lb!!!!!
Whoo hoo!!!
Very happy as you can tell.

Thanks all for the tips and support i have just 4lb to lose for the race for life on 21st and i have hit my mini goal!

I'm suppose it WI tomorrow but I haven't been religious so might put it off.

Well here it is Friday again & I have lost, to be accurate 12oz this week!! Grrr!!

Congrats Laura, I was even more annoyed because I had typed a much longer post - with one finger, only to be told I hadn't logged in when I had! So I then typed a shorter more bad tempered one. Thanks for your reply I will keep at it.

Back