Weekly weigh-in thread

JB, shouldnt that have been the 1st question, pet? Oh that and, Do you eat Jelly and cream MMmmm :D

Woofy X

:D I know my priorities are all arse backwards aren't they :D
I've decided to give up the jelly and cream, I don't think it's doing me any good :cry:

We posted at the same time Jaybar. Read back up the post, that is if you haven't seen it already!

I am feeling super chatty today. I am having a day off working so got some time on my hands. :D

So, I was wondering about BMI and target weights. When I started I wanted to get to a weight within my BMI range, but now I look at that, I think I will be scrawny (and I don't want to look wrinkly or too thin). So what do you guys think about BMI guidelines? Do you think we really need to be within them?

Thanks Jaybar. The first pic is a bit old, but I didn't have a full length one from Christmas. I was roughly the same weight as that picture when I started 10 weeks ago. I am as gobsmacked as everyone else that I have lost so much in such a short space of time. I saw a friend do LL and lost 5 stone in 16 weeks and it totally spurred me on.

For evening dinner I am having an Atkins style meal, but I don't have things like cream (so no jelly and cream for me :cry:). I will PM you with the things that I am allowed to have. In basic terms is 200g of chicken, pork, white fish, shell fish or 150g of red meat or salmon. Then I have a massive bowl full (roughly) of the allowed veggies. I am also allowed 1/2 pint semi skimmed milk or yoghurt and if you don't have this you can have 20g of cheese. And a piece of fruit (no banana's obviously) from a list. Things like berries or grapes are allowed or a small apple I think. I don't have the fruit. I have a little more veg. I have 1 shake, 1 soup and half a bar per day (the bars are big!)

So it's not that restrictive. But there is a big BUT, I don't drink alcohol. I can't at the moment anyway as have some meds that stop me, but you aren't supposed to drink on it. Having said that it's worth seeing if Sukie drank whilst on LL.

Right, will stop filling the Atkins board with part VLCD stuff. Will PM you.

Thanks Sarah I'll look forward to your PM :)

I am feeling super chatty today. I am having a day off working so got some time on my hands. :D

So, I was wondering about BMI and target weights. When I started I wanted to get to a weight within my BMI range, but now I look at that, I think I will be scrawny (and I don't want to look wrinkly or too thin). So what do you guys think about BMI guidelines? Do you think we really need to be within them?

Strange you should bring this up as yesterday I changed my goal weight. Wanted to be 9 stone at 1st now thinking I would be happy being 91/2 - 10 stone. This would keep my curves I love and more able to keep at...

I dont want to be thin and old looking.

Woofy X

I don't see how BMI can be that accurate, I'm 6' 1" so is my mate, but he's as thin as a rail and I'm very broad. So how can we have the same BMI Target?

Yeah I agree Jim. Some people who get to the weight I want to be will be a size 10, but my structure will mean I will only get to a 14 and any smaller, I would look wrong.

I am glad you agree too Woofy. Nothing worse than a woman without curves. Hour glass is a much better look.

I am going to revise my target to 11 stone where I think I will look good.

11 stone at 5"5 will look sexy, healthy and CRACKING!!!!!

Not long now, hunni Bunni

Woofy X

9 stone is meant to be OK for my height but I stop having periods if I go below 10 stone so it clearly isn't healthy for me. But then I have broad shoulders and hips, although a narrow waist and GG boobs so I think I'm designed to be hour-glass, not straight thin and I guess hour-glass weighs more than a straighter figure - the boobs must weigh a few pounds on their own surely????? I think you should use BMI as a guideline depending on your frame and also muscle percentage which would have an effect. My late dad and my hubby are the same height but dad was always 9 stone and hubby is 11 - they both looked ok and lean at their respective weights.

Anyway, I am sulking as I've gained 1lb this week. And as I'm sulking I'm in danger of eating cake - I had friends round for coffee this morning and cooked rock cakes and coffee cake. I gave most of the leftovers to hubby at lunch to eat at the office so I couldn't be tempted but I kept a rock cake back for baby - and now I want to eat it!!! Twisted logic says I deserve it as I gained anyway - how warped is that?

Sukie, are you getting into smaller clothes? That's a good indicator that things are working even if the scales aren't going your way.

Step away from the Rock Cake IB!!!! You will only regret it. And it will knock you out of ketosis.

Feed it to the baby quick! Or cover it in something the baby likes but you hate. Then you won't want it. :D

Baby's napping.... can't really justify waking him up just to feed him a cake...... I'll just have to stay on the computer until he wakes up. He's totally zonked from haring round all morning with the other kids while the mums nattered.

We'll keep you away from the rock cake then!

hey jim ,
well the 1st 4 weeks i lost 4lb then in the last 4 weeks ive gained then lost it again so over the last 8 weeks i have lost 4 lb.i have lost inches , last week i really noticed , but in reality that has been ongoing since finishing lighter life 2 years ago when i started to run.

well today i had 2 duck eggs with a spash of cream for my omelette with 1 slice of ham and about 20g cheese in it , i ate halfish. and had a coffee with cream.

lunch time i had less than 100g spinach leaves 75 g cucumber and a small avacado in my salad , put a small hand full of chicken on aswell as one of those tesco precooked salmon fillets weighing 100g(didnt want to get stuck at college hungry), i ate the salmon , a little bit of the chicken and maybe 2/3 of the salad.
nothing else.

oh i had 1/2 a packet of morrisons pork crunch at 4 ish , starving.

out for tea so i had a small fillet steak with pate and parma ham in a mushroom cream sauce with broccli

im drinking at least 4 to 5 litres of water a day ,and more if im exersizing allot.

what im posting every day is exactly what im eating , ill start including amts if that helps,
ive cut down on salt , sweetner and noooo farnkenfoods :D
i dont feel as bad as this morning , i pulled myself up quickly , besides i dont want to do ll really as i feel like im on my way to a lifetime way of eating. its just frustrating as i stopped loosing weight on low cal and now this doesnt seem to be working either, i dont know what else i can do to improve the situation , but im not about to quit the days of giving my self excuses to give up are looong gone , that will never get me anywhere im just super frustrated , if i knew how to make it move id do it !!!
thankyou all though for youre super support and huggs , you really are the best xxx

Hey Sukie, glad to hear you are feeling a little better this evening.

One thing I meant to say earlier was that I read that garlic was a natural diaretic (sp?). Well I have had it with my dinner for the last couple of days and am less bloated. Don't know if it's coincidence, but might try garlic capsules.

Back