Weekly weigh-in thread

Do you take any medication sukie? I take a couple of things for my stomach problem and I'm wondering if they're responsible for my poor loss pattern in recent months.
no nothing at all , im pretty much in rude health !!! rarely get a cold nowadays , both my sisters have been diagnosed with pcos recently and im wondering if my symptoms that i like to ignore (or wax off:eek:) are behind the same thing .

no nothing at all , im pretty much in rude health !!! rarely get a cold nowadays , both my sisters have been diagnosed with pcos recently and im wondering if my symptoms that i like to ignore (or wax off:eek:) are behind the same thing .

could be........ mind you, low-carb diets are quite good for dealing with PCOS aren't they?

could be........ mind you, low-carb diets are quite good for dealing with PCOS aren't they?

Supposed to be, if its to deal with the Insulin resistance. However if you find it hard to lose weight normally (like me) you might struggle similarly with the low carbing if going at it solely for a weight loss angle (which rightly or wrongly I am I'm afraid).

The low carbing benefits though for PCOS are good, less afternoon slump because the blood sugar and insulin response are in better balance. More energy. etc

Hi everyone

I have PCOS and also I have thyroid problems. All can cause weight problems if not diagnosed. However a low carb way of eating should help with PCOS. From my own experience an underactive thyroid definately can stop weight loss. I have had proof of this many times over the years when I have had stalls. It is worth getting your thyroid function levels checked out if you have a problem with weight loss. The only thing is though sometimes you can be what is called borderline which means you are in the range which says normal but you can still have the symptoms such as weight gain or stalls or hair loss or muscle cramps or dry skin and so on. I would advise when you have your thyroid function checked to make sure it is normal and not borderline.

Sherby xx

I agree that BMI's are not always accurate. The lowest I have ever been in my adult life is 9stone for a very short period lol. I looked as thin as a rake and I wanted to get down to at least 8 and a half. I think my normal range is between 10 and 10 and a half. My initial goal is 12 stone or at least a size 16 top and trousers.

Susan your pics look lovely by the way. You looked lovely in the first pic but you can definately see the difference.xx

I think also it depends how much you have to lose, don't be looking at the likes of my weight loss, I am in the early stages with around 5 stone to go. Anyone who has lost a big amount will tell you how hard it is to shift the last few pounds. Chin up though!

Another thing that has crossed my mind is Sukie and Lexie (personal question here lol) how much do you wee through the day? You are consuming alot of water. Is it running through your body or are you retaining it? I wouldn't recomend any tablets to anyone but if things carry on why don't you ask you doctor if water retention could be a factor. They may suggest water tablets? Just a thought?

Sherby xx

i do pee allot but i also retain , tried the aqua ban but didnt want to become reliant and weight stayed the same on them ??

Anyone who has lost a big amount will tell you how hard it is to shift the last few pounds.

and isn't that the truth. I remember it well, my last stone took for ever to go, I felt as though my body was fighting me.

I have PCOS too... its genetic so if your sisters have it ...its quite likely that you have it too. Ive been diagnosied since I was 19...but I dont blame it totally for the weigh gain...I like chocolate too much and inbetween diets Ive been silly with my eating...

lol , i know how i put weight on , i comfort ate , too much food too many goodies , its the coming off again that seems to be the bug bear :0)

LOL, yes we've all been there Sukie love.

I stayed the same again this week, which is dissapointing.I am going to do what i hear Jim saying " clean and green" or the other way round lol. No coffee and cream and no splenda in it either. And no jelly and cream, see if that helps. If it doesnt i am going to give myself lipo with the hoover !!!

lipo with the hoover...wouldnt it be great if you really could.

As suggested I am posting my weigh in-

wk 1 Atkins lost 2lbs

LOL, yes Clean and Green says Jim the Carb NAZI. :)

I stayed the same again this week, which is dissapointing.I am going to do what i hear Jim saying " clean and green" or the other way round lol. No coffee and cream and no splenda in it either. And no jelly and cream, see if that helps. If it doesnt i am going to give myself lipo with the hoover !!!
lmao
LOVE IT ALI !!!!
it will shift hunnie xxxx patience (believe me i KNOW its hard :D)

take heart ali ,
wasnt going to post this as i REALLY REALLY dont want to curse myself (again :p)
but after stalling for what seems forever i was laying in bed this morning seriously contemplating a week of abstinence on lighter life , just to bump start myself , so weighed myself expecting still to be the same as last week (the HATED 167) and it was 165.2 whoop whoop !!!!!!
so anyway thought id tell you as i thougth if youd seen that even i can start to move (finally) again then so can you xxxx

Oh Sukie I am so chuffed for you!!! :D I can feel you joy from all the way down here.

Hang in there Ali. It will move.

Back