Weekly weigh-in thread

Good for you love, well done. :bliss: :bliss:

actually, Ive read it wrong...how stupid of me (mine weight in KG - UGH) Ive lost 4lbs this week! I knew id lost a lot as my brassier is so loose on me!

LOL, even better then love. Marvellous!

Stayed the same this week, gutted :(
Hope it was lack of exercise as I had a cold and didn't do anything. Does beechams all in one medicine have carbs? I didn't think til after I had taken it for a few days.

This week done 3 x 4 mile walks so hopefully that will help.

Still struggling with drinking, which could also be a prob, I tested for the first time today, to check I was actualy in ketosis and it was very dark I so I have to try and drink more, so I have started carrying a bottle with me and trying to make sure I always have a pint on the desk.

Not giving up though, if I am in ketosis then something has to give, right?

Hope it was lack of exercise as I had a cold and didn't do anything. Does beechams all in one medicine have carbs? I didn't think til after I had taken it for a few days

Very probably, a lot of medicines have added sugar to allay the bitterness.

Hope it was lack of exercise as I had a cold and didn't do anything. Does beechams all in one medicine have carbs? I didn't think til after I had taken it for a few days

Very probably, a lot of medicines have added sugar to allay the bitterness.

AnnaMaria -2lb yay!

wow, you are rocking TT well done love, you must be fading away. :D

-0.5.lb. Again. *sigh* I don't believe I can be in ketosis, these small losses are probably just due to the amount of exercise I do, which is a fair bit.

RIGHT. Plan of action:

1. Get some ketostix
2. Cut RIGHT back on milk, just one cup of tea with breakfast (I cannot live without that!)
3. It's time to weigh everything again. Make sure my daily portions of veg and especially cheese haven't been creeping up. They probably have if I'm honest.
4. Up the exercise. This won't be a problem because my replacement cross trainer finally got delivered yesterday, I had to wait 6 weeks for them to get new stock in. I love my cross trainer! I'm sure not having it has been a major factor in this blasted plateau malarkey.

Fading away LOL I went to my son's the other day though and thought he had one of those dodgy mirrors, I couldn't believe my reflection!

Lady M, don't forget that if you are mad exercising, you will be building muscle (especially on a high protein diet) muscle weighs more than fat, so you may be swapping hence the lack of big losses. Really, its a good thing! Do tape tests instead?

AnnaMaria -2lb Well done Anna Maria. I am going to be joining you on the slow and steady as of this weekend.

Lady Marmalade, I agree with Anna Maria on the exercise. You will be toning up loads and the tape measure is a better reflection.

Sarah -2lbs. 2lbs to go to have lost 5 stones forever.

LOL TT,

LM yes, what annamaria says love.

Hang in there Laura love.

2. Cut RIGHT back on milk, just one cup of tea with breakfast (I cannot live without that!)

Have you tried unsweetened light soya milk, I tried it for the first time when I started Atkins and was quite surprised that it actually tasted ok, I take it in the my tea a couple of times a day and I hardly notice the difference.
Might be worth a go if you need a decent cuppa.
It only has 0.2 carbs per 100ml.

I am pretty sure that I don't lose weight when I don't drink enough water, so have been trying really hard, the day after I have drunk a good bit I seem to have lost .5 to 1 lb, but if I don't drink much at all then I just seem to stall.
So I am vowing to always have a pint on the go, once it is empty I keep filling it up. I think of it as washing out the fat, LOL.

well done pp, that a cracking start. :)

Lady marmalade hang in there it took me a long time to even loose a pound and were talking weeks
1.5 pounds loss for me this week so Mr Frog had jumped another jump towards my goal - jump froggie jump!!

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! Hmm, I haven't measured myself since I started Atkins which was I think January or Feb, maybe its time to dig out the measuring tape again.

I've obviously had a change of attitude recently because in the past I would've got completely discouraged and depressed at stalling, but this morning (after a moment's AAARGH!) I just felt more determined to get back on track! I think it must be down to this place.

Well done to all the successful LOSERS - hearing about your loss is keeping me going!

- 6 ! Really pleased, clothes feel loose and I feel on top of the World!

Well done there girls, it's so nice to see the losses.

im so proud of everyone here .... i dont weigh on a friday but I love to check in you lot !

Back