Weekly weigh-in thread

Week 3 and i am down another 1.5lbs. Very pleased with that as its totm :)

Well done Ali, and well done Louisa as well!!

:wow: :wow: that's nearly a stone Bessie, fantastic love. :bliss: :bliss:

Hey nice one nelly, that's a decent loss love. well done.

Nelly -3lb
AM -2lb

well done :)

+1lb :(

I'm really upset about this. A loss this week would've meant breaking through into the 11s, a major milestone. I feel just utterly frustrated and like its all pointless and I hate myself for having wine last weekend which I'm sure is the culprit...

I have to go away for five days in a week, staying in hotels with no self catering and that's going to make it really difficult (and expensive) to avoid carbs. I'm worried that i'm going to get there and think what's the point of going to all that effort and expense and embarrassment asking for mad things in cafes if its not even ****ing WORKING.

:mad:

Argh, sorry for venting. It's just that this isn't the only area of my life where I'm struggling and not getting anywhere.

Bit of an overreaction though...

:eek:

Lady Marmalade I feel for you. I'm +2lbs this week, I was up +2lbs last week too.

I've only lost 2lbs after 4 weeks of being on this blimmin diet!! Am so fustrated. Havn't cheated at all, the only extra's I have is vodka and 0'carb slimline on the weekend. Will give up cheese this week and if no weight loss in next week will throw the towel in. Too expensive and very difficult to do with a young family of 5. I don't even have all my carbs some days AAAAAARRRGGG!

Love your vent LM let it out, makes me feel I'm not the only one!

Well done to all the other losses though - you go Girls!

Barbapapa - Still Fat and Still Pink ;-(

Ladies, I know its fruststrating, expensive, quite difficult to stick with, and sometimes ineffective, but there are lots of reasons why you might not be losing loads. First, don't forget that some people here (like myself) have many stones to lose, so it will go off quicker. Some are in their first week, so lose 8lb of water. Some might go overboard and be eating no carb stuff all day, and still eat more calories than is burnt off. In theory you could eat twenty joints of beef and lick the plates clean. In practice calories in - calories burnt = fat, or at least staying the same. Alcohol is a biggy for me. If I stick to one a day, then I lose 2lb a week, if I don't, I lose 1lb a week. I stay in ketosis, and way within my carb range, but my calories burnt, ingested aren't great.

Do you both feel thinner? Don't forget that the scales are probably the least best way of deciding on fat loss. Get your tape measures out!

I feel for you girls, I know how depressing it can be, stick with it, in the long run it works. However, even on Atkins you need to remember that if you eat more than your body is burning you won't lose.

Cheese was often my downfall during induction I'm afraid, I had to bin it completely.

Thanks for the support AnnaMaria - I don't measure myself but I already knew it wouldn't be good this week because I don’t feel thinner, I feel fatter.

Lady Marmalade I feel for you. I'm +2lbs this week, I was up +2lbs last week too.

I've only lost 2lbs after 4 weeks of being on this blimmin diet!! Am so fustrated. Havn't cheated at all, the only extra's I have is vodka and 0'carb slimline on the weekend. Will give up cheese this week and if no weight loss in next week will throw the towel in. Too expensive and very difficult to do with a young family of 5. I don't even have all my carbs some days AAAAAARRRGGG!

I tend to have vodka & 0 carb lemmo at the weekends, too, and I'm pretty sure this is what's causing my continued stall. I've known for weeks now that I need to knock it on the head but I find that a struggle. During the week I think "oh I'll just not drink this weekend, it'll be easy and so worth it in the long run, tra-la-laa"... but I really struggle to unwind any other way at the weekend.

I know that technically there's no carbs in spirits and that lots of people manage to lose no problem and still have booze, but maybe for us just isn't the case. Have you read Laura's thread about how ketosis works, bp? The alcohol isn't all that innocent...

Laura - I also do succumb to the old cheese probably a bit too much. I will just have to stock more cooked meat in the fridge for snacking - so that's yet more ££££ that I simply don't have.

Barbapapa - Still Fat and Still Pink ;-(

LOL - I set up two glasses of Fat Marbles on my mantelpiece a couple of weeks ago. I've since moved ONE SOLITARY MARBLE across and then back again... and lost my marbles in an entirely different way. :D

Same here Laura, I am off work this week so am going swimming at 1 :)

Lady M, the last stone is always the hardest, do you exercise?

Lady M, the last stone is always the hardest, do you exercise?

A fair bit, I think. I've put my usual routine in the "exercise" thread. At weekends I don’t usually do anything, but last weekend I went for a 2.5 hr walk on Sat and 1.5 hr walk on Sun.

I generally try to be active, taking the stairs at work, going to the lavs on the next floor down etc.

Right, well that's what I *usually* do. But on Monday I didn't get out of bed all day because I had a particularly bad day of depression which I get from time to time, on pills for me neerrves etc. And since then I guess I've been kind of dragging my bones around with no energy or enthusiasm, taking the lift and so on. I did the cross trainer Wed & Thu (only 20 mins because the blummin thing is stuck on the highest setting!) but obviously it wasn't enough.

I will try harder this week.

(((((((((((Lady M ))))))))))) fingers crossed for whooooshies x

Ive stopped drinking diet fizzy drinks now as I was finding that I was not losing as much when I did, funnily enough I drink normal tea with milk and splenda and I have had no problems with that, hope things start happening soon for you, I'm sure they will if you keep going :D

Back