Weekly weigh-in thread

LMAO, not for me anymore, but I have been doing this for a long long time nopw Sophs.

Other than wanting cereal for the last fews days, I have been surprised how easy it is to live without eating carbs. So simple. I am enjoying it!

as our Yank friends say It's a Way Of Life, not a diet Sophs.

I see WOE and WOL on other low carb forums lol...It is true though. It has to become a WOL to work.

Diet was a banned word at SW. It is a healthy eating plan lol

hmm, well the word diet is misused really any way of eating is a diet.

Thanks Jim, I thought it might be something like Alli but it acts a different way I see. A friend of mine is taking Alli but I seem to be having just about as much success with Atkins - without the side effects..

Eugh, side effects, Alli's got orlistat in it, I took Xenical, prescribed orlistat, so have first hand experience. She has my sympathy!

ah yes, I've heard all about them. :eek: :bolt:

I've bought xenical off the net before after trying my mum's - not bad results but hardly teaches you anything about eating habits and yes the side effects are awful!! Very almost had a couple nasty accidents! Tried reductil once but didn't seem to do anything for me other than make me dizzy (more than usual!)

Well, the question has been answered lol

Seen as low carb reduces my appetite anyway, I am not sure if the reductil do. But, they sure keep me awake a lot lol

Most the side effects sound horrific. But most do not suffer most of them. I found xenical real nasty. And, know on Atkins they would be a HUGE mistake!!!lol

Can you imagine xenical and atkins! *shudder*. You couldn't go to work!

Jeez!!!
:sick: :sick0019:

I took (prescribed) Xenical for a while, I didn't suffer too much from the famed side effects but, although it does ensure you eat low fat, it doesn't help you control your appetite or portion sizes. I just ate loads and loads of rice cakes! Durrr. Well I knew what I was doing but appetite is a primal urge and for some people, not something you can just *decide* to control just by thinking about it. Which is what a lot of people who don't struggle with weight will never understand.

I still have a month or two's supply of Xenical in the cupboard, I really don't know what to do with it. It's a shame for it to go to waste, but you can't just say to friends or family "would you like my diet pills" - they'd (quite rightly) never speak to me again! :)

I'm glad I never tried it LM

Hi all,

I have tried both Xenical and reductil. I had no success but lots of side effects with xenical. It was dreadful. I did have some success with reductil two years ago my doc prescribed them in April but I’ve not taken them I think I’m doing ok on my own.

I had my weigh in today. I thought last week was great at 4Lb but I am absolutely amazed this week. I have lost a whopping 7lb!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
It must be all the walking.:D:D:D

I'm told that Alli is a sort of half strength Xenical. I can't help thinking that Atkins is a safer bet, in more ways than one.. :D

Well done Missnelly, great loss. X

Back