Weekly weigh-in thread

Jim, I wondered about that, I will read it up. The thing is, if I try to stuff myself I will feel yuck. I will try to eat foods that are higher in calories but I do now. Thanks for your help 'hinny' you're a gem!

Cheers, Jim & Claire! I'm well chuffed.

Wrinkly, in his first book Dr A warned about starvation syndrome and how your body will hang onto weight if you don't eat enough.

That's just what I was thinking, Jim. Also, everyone's metabolism naturally slows down as we get older. Here is an article explaining this and claiming the best way to speed it back up is - sorry - exercise. Also, eating often/not skipping meals and drinking lots of water is recommended. WARNING: Contains "pro-carb propaganda".

Slow Burn: How Aging Affects Metabolism - MSN Health & Fitness - Menopause

No worries love. :)

Jim, I wondered about that, I will read it up. The thing is, if I try to stuff myself I will feel yuck. I will try to eat foods that are higher in calories but I do now. Thanks for your help 'hinny' you're a gem!

Aww, sorry to hear you're still struggling with appetite. Maybe you should switch to 'grazing' mode and just eat little and often?

Thank you for both you posts LadyM, I don't snack except for the odd coffee with cream so I'll buy some 'snacking' foods, I drink enough water I think. Exercise, lol, I joined a gym about 6 months ago, went 4 times & decided if I wanted to die of boredom, I could do that at home. I do walk everywhere I no longer own a car but that's not far. If it would stop raining I'd be out today or out gardening, the weeds are quite happy. :(
:)

Man, seems like it hasn't stopped raining since I got back from my hols! I've been cursing the North West, but I suppose it's been pretty soggy all over the country this week. It's a real downer, isn't it? My cycling shoes haven't dried out since Tuesday... :(

I think being generally active throughout the day can be just as effective as a short burst of intense activity in a gym and then inactivity the rest of the time. If not more so. Building activity into your day with things like walking, gardening and housework is more sustainable for some people than going to the gym, it's all about finding the exercise that's right for you I guess.

I'm up and down the stairs at work a lot, does that count? ;)

yes laura, I read that in your other post.

That's interesting wrinkly, I was 52 when I first started Atkins, but I felt I lost well?

Nice one, well done!!

Hey, good for you Madeinengland!! Er, must you have the Larger?? ;)

Jim, before you started Atkins had you tried any other diets? I have been a yo-yo dieter, in fact I've tried just about them all, mostly low fat. I can't help wondering if my metabolism is confused. I must admit I do very little exercise but one of my neighbours who is paraplegic is on a diet & losing weight.

Oh yes love, I tried just about everything, even CD, that didn't last the day out LOL. SW, LL you name it, I just felt starving and miserable all the time.

Lol, My friend who is a WW has just rung me with a G&T in her other hand - she blames the rain...

Hi everyone,

Well i have stayed the same this week, but i have to confess I have had a carb blow out this evening!!!! Been feeling horrible this week even felt disorientated on wednesday eve, and I promise you have did not touch a drop. Anyone else done the same recently?

Missnelly & Jot, to paraphrase 'yesterday is another country'. You are doing well, that was just a hiccup.

Last edited:
I did my weigh in today, a little earlier than usual but I dont suppose it'll make a huge difference! I've lost 3lb - thats half a stone since I started 2 weeks ago. :D
I love this WOE! Especially as I had a BBQ and a visit to TGI yesterday! :eek:

Well done Jar - that's a fab loss!! And half a stone in two weeks is amazing, congrats - you're doing a great job!

Jot i know what you mean with regards feeling disorientated - i've felt dizzy n kinda 'hazy' for three days now.. not given in to naughty carbs yet but i have also made bad choices with the carb allowance.

Had a sneaky wi this morning, a day early and i'm 3lbs heavier! I'm hoping it's all down to water weight (fingers n toes crossed!). I feel fat, frumpy and heavy right now. Not sure whether to wi as normal tomorrow or whether to miss it and hope for improvement the week after..

Back