Weekly weigh-in thread

LOL, I bet you do love, it's cold and miserable here as well but I can feel the heat from your happiness. :D

-2.6lb for me this week. Hopefully that's all the water gone and can now carry on losing...

Well done Hooya love, that's a great loss - especially as you're soo close to goal now! :) I can feel your beaming smile from up here!

nice one Claire, well done darling!

That's some fantastic losses, there. Well done Jar, Hooya and Claire! :happy096:

I had a bad weekend with family illness worries and hit the bottle pretty hard so I don't hold out much hope for this week. Feel really bloated. I can stick to the right foods, but the booze is my downfall. I feel like I'm letting the side down, too, not just letting myself down. I need a good smack in the head. :(

Thanks LM... I feel for you hun. You've in no way let us or yourself down. Sometimes life gets in the way of the diet and these things are sent to try us. Look at the positives - you haven't gone wrong with the food aspect :)

hey LM, you are not letting us down love, **** happens sometimes.

Thanks everyone and well done Hooya and Claire.

LM, I hope everything works out, like Jim said, these things happen. X

Thanks guys. I guess you're right, it could've been a lot worse! I had to have a frank discussion with my dad about my mum showing symptoms of dementia and I ended up making him cry, hence my huge guilty feelings which have obviously spilled over into other areas. I feel kind of helpless as well and I need to get back some sense of control and focus on the diet front because I'm sure it will help in other areas in the long run. The answer to the question "booze or slim?" is too often booze just lately.

Sorry if this is all TMI for some! It helps to get it off my chest. :psiholog:

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry.
I know you feel guilty, but that conversation was needed and you're so brave for bringing the subject up, knowing how hard it will be for your family. My Grandad had Alzheimers so I know how hard it must be for you.
If you need to feel in control, then the diet doesn't have to be the most important thing to you - family first! Make sure you contact your mum's GP and her local council. Chances are you can get your dad some help, both monetary and respite if she gets worse.
I'm so sorry this has happened to you, you must be going through the emotional wringer! We're all here if you need to sound off or just clear you head - as you say, get things off your chest.
Take care honey, I'm thinking of you. X

Ah, not good LM, My Grandmother had senile dementia in her last few years. I reqally feel for you love.

Hi LM, I echo all the other sentiments, sometimes you need to focus on something and not have loads else to worry about. It's important to release some stress and let yourself relax a bit when times are hard - this is part of being human and nothing to feel bad about!

Good luck and hope it all works out ok for you x

Lady M, it seems you have a mountain to climb, I'm so sorry to read about your parents. With that kind of condition they will both suffer, both the cared for and the carer. I do hope there is a lot of help near where you live. Please don't ever think you are letting anyone down, do take care of yourself. I for one am pleased that you feel able to get it off your chest on this forum.

Many congratulations to our losers today. :flowers:

Hello WI for me
its on the same scales but with a new battery so i dont know how accurate it is, and at 1600 instead of my usual 0730 WI but its saying i lost 1lb

So not the 2lb i was expecting but still losing.

well done sweet, wondered when you'd be checking in! 1lb is nearly 2 regular packs of butter!

Well done Viks, that's a nice loss love.

You are all so sweet, thank you so much for all the kind words. I'm filling up here. :grouphugg:

Right, that's enough thread hijacking, back to the good news. Well done on your loss Viks! I find that I weigh more in the afternoons than I do first thing in the morning, so you might find you've actually lost the 2lbs after all...

Most people will gain weight during the day I'd think. I do.

Oh nice one, well done Laura, it's so good to pass the stone barriers isn't it love.

Back