Weekly weigh-in thread

Well done Cazz, that's really good, and well done Laura, that's a good start at getting back.

Well done Cazza, I have also bought some skinny jeans, I love them with my new boots, isn't it fab to get into fashionable clothing?

Well done Laura thats half the battle recognising when you have put weight on and getting it off again asap, that is what I need to keep an eye on especially over the Christmas period....

I have lost another lb....I know it sounds a bit monotonous but at least I have had a loss every week (touches wood...lol)...
I am not going to get to my goal before Xmas but at least I am getting closer and I am educated enough now in this way of eating that hopefully I will restrain myself over Xmas....

Good luck everyone....Jx

Well done Jane, a loss is a loss and as you say, you are close to goal now love.

Thanks for doing the link that way did you watch it?
I lost two pounds in the last week also delighted. Off the steroids and antibiotics and stuck to the program! Sure enough it worked.

I did OTL, and well done on the weight loss. :) Nice one.

I have STS this week... but too surprising considering the partying I did last weekend! I did home made curries and just had to try my onion bhajis ;)
Onwards and downwards!

Woohoo another lb for me, isn't it amazing how all those 1lbs add up....lol....21lbs all together, I can't believe I had all that extra weight on me, where the heck was it...ewww...

Good luck everyone else...

I went for a Thai meal last night, lots of filo pastry on the starters, but I did only have a small spoon of egg fried rice....strict induction this week!!!

Hey well done onthelang.......29lbs thats over 2 stone, excellent results......Jx

Thanks Jane, I'm at the point where if I don't gain I'm happy, and I'm not gaining. Unfortunately I'm back on steroids which may not help, but I'm sticking with the plan and being positive. I'm drinking plenty of water also. People have commented on my weight loss, even being told I look fit and strong. I do have a very good physique under that layer of fat and once,not so long ago, had a chiseled body, probably the same for us all. I'm not joining a gym as I can get lung infections quite easily but I'm getting my favorite machine, An air resistance rowing machine. Isn't Jim an inspiration don't you think? My girlfriend couldn't believe it when I showed her the pictures of him yesterday and how far the guy has come. He had a much worse weight problem than I ever had. I have probably not had that much weight to lose in total over my entire life. I want to get down by only 9kg now. Im sick of being clark kent, Its time for superman!

Last edited:
Splurge ha ha. Tell me did you ever binge on low carb foods this has happened me twice in ten weeks. I ate a feast.

Oh yes!

One of my earliest threads here was about a binge on sugar free stuff. I'd just had a delivery of low carb food and goodies and when I opened the box to check the contents I couldn't resist nibbling.

Alas the nibbling got out of hand.

Thanks to the sugar alcohols I suffered all night! And I felt bad, worried that I'd blown my ketosis and annoyed at myself for weakening.

It wasn't the first time, either, but it was the worst loss of control so far on comparatively 'virtuous' things.

Just goes to show that the overeater inside never really goes away. I got straight back in the saddle next morning. The day I get complacent may be the day I start a slide towards the 'old days'(shudder!).

Last edited:
Hi GG,
If you get a chance the videos I posted and jim made them links underneath are worth looking at. Im really careful with the carbs, no alcohol at all. Water all the time. Love it. Im wearing my "tight jeans" now and I can actually slide them over my waist.

Fantastic, onthelang! Well done. I've lost a total of 135 pounds to date and am size 12-14. Have kept these pounds off for a long time, too. I turned to Atkins to help me shift the last few stones. I have 23 pounds still to lose.

I did watch those videos - pretty sure I saw the original programme too. I also saw the BBC one where they compared and contrasted the four diet plans over a period of three months. Would have been useful to see a follow-up show one or two years later.

My losses have now slowed a lot. Stalls are common! But I persevere. The freedom from hunger, all day, every day, is wonderful.

Some days of course we feel hungrier than we do on others and in cold weather I personally am very aware of an increase in appetite. Even so controlling carbs has made a huge difference to my life and to how I behave around food.

Freedom from chaos!

Last edited:
Thanks Jane, I'm at the point where if I don't gain I'm happy, and I'm not gaining. Unfortunately I'm back on steroids which may not help, but I'm sticking with the plan and being positive. I'm drinking plenty of water also. People have commented on my weight loss, even being told I look fit and strong. I do have a very good physique under that layer of fat and once,not so long ago, had a chiseled body, probably the same for us all. I'm not joining a gym as I can get lung infections quite easily but I'm getting my favorite machine, An air resistance rowing machine. Isn't Jim an inspiration don't you think? My girlfriend couldn't believe it when I showed her the pictures of him yesterday and how far the guy has come. He had a much worse weight problem than I ever had. I have probably not had that much weight to lose in total over my entire life. I want to get down by only 9kg now. Im sick of being clark kent, Its time for superman!

Love it onthelang....go for it....x

Back