Weekly weigh-in thread

Hi again everyone, wow I was waiting for today as I really felt I lost a bit of weight. I lost 4 pounds this week? How come, biggest loss yet?
Im so near my initial goal which is what I was dreaming of 3 months ago. But am I being realistic here, should I set a new target weight when I reach this one?
Im still overweight but i look good, my bmi is 32.2 which leaves me in the obesity section n the bmi scale but it cant be be a very accurate way to check. I have muscle, more than alot of people!
I havent drank a drop for over 3 months.

Hi OTL, I agree4 about the BMI thing, with everyone being different shapes and stuff how can that work,. 4lbs loss, well done that's what I call a whooshie, they come along every now and again, Great stuff. I'm down about 4lbs on my posted weight as I prepare for the December madness, which starts with the first party Next Monday evening for me. :)

Are you serious your preparing by losing weight first, wow jim you really have system going. Yea the bmi is only so good, maybe ok to use as a guide only and not as if its written in stone.

Oh yes, I always prepare, have done ever since I started maint mate.

I have lost another 2lbs here :)

I am now 11lbs off my goal weight and should be giong onto maintenance next week if I have got it right? Is this when I increase my carbs by 5 per week? What type of carbs should I be introducing? Sorry for all the questions.... I have leant my friend my book!

Well done both of you.

Caz, I initially added more veggies to bring up the carbs, and then slowly introduced the odd slice of bread etc. I still don't eat more than once high carb item a day.

I'm probably down another pound or so, my belt is very loose and I have tightened it a notch.

:D, you're getting there love, well done.

congrats to all the losers :)...

cazz I actually do what Jim does and do a strict induction to prepare myself and give myself a cushion. I feel less guilty knowing that i did a strict induction if I eat like a pig. but after Thanksgiving I'm not sure about the carb overload it wasn't nice having the gas effect after..I was miserable!

Somehow I managed to lose 6lbs this week!! Its not all good though, as I have only lost this due to a loss of appetite, I seem to be going through an emotionally turbulent time at the moment....I am going to have to try to introduce the food gradually as I don't want to pile it all back on again......Jx

Aww Jane I definitely understand how you feel losing weight from stress and lack of appetite.. well a loss is a loss and congrats for that. but just to give you motivation, when I was sick a few weeks back and lost about 5 pounds I didnt gain the weight back when I was sick so maybe you will do the same.. :hug99:

It's the Xmas effect isn't it.. Depression and worries and etc.. about buying gifts and etc.. I really don't like Xmas at all just too much emphasize on gifts and etc.. where is the birth of jesus in all this.. sadly we have forgotten that it should be spending time with family and friend and not about gifts and putting differences aside to celebrate together.. This is why I like Thanksgiving, just everyone sitting around eating and being together.. I don't have kids so maybe I'm a bit harsh about it..

Is there anyone that can answer the following yes or no without going into ingredients/sweeteners?
Can I drink diet coke or coke zero on atkins? Does anyone know what soda I can drink just the name of it? I really want an odd one here and there.

Congrats OLT way to go.. I'm sure there will be other losers before the weekend..

Well done OTL, that's good to hear mate. :)

Back