Weigh in ... crap crap weigh in!

MrsFatBum

Gold Member
I lost 2lbs. My husband lost 3lbs. Im really disappointed. have stuck the diet 100% and I did expect a bit better than this. I really wasnt expecting it to be this bad!!

I know its a loss at the end of the day... but when you have worked this hard for it.. you dont expect it to be that! Im going to see how it goes next week and if i have another crap weigh in then im going to go back to weight watchers because this is how much i lost on weight watchers!

considering how crap i have felt and still stuck to the diet 100% i really hoped for even a little bit more.

whinge over. nite people x

Hello and well done to you and your hubby, please remember you won't have big losses every week. :) does your CDC not take your weekly measurements?

Keep going!!

You lost ten pounds last week. And five pounds for two consecutive weeks before that. Those are excellent losses! But as has been said before it is not possible to lose at that rate every single week. The average weekly loss on SS seems to be around three pounds. Those who lose four or more are lucky.

If you expect a huge loss every week then you are bound to be disappointed. Next week's loss will probably be bigger. Whatever you do, don't lose heart. If WW was the ideal diet for you, you would never have started Cambridge!

Chin up, and just keep going x

If you're not enjoying ss or finding it too hard why not try ss+ the losses are the same as ss (ish) but you get a bit of variety without opening the floodgates too much like you would on ww/sw. Your average loss is still over 4lb per week which is awesome and at that rate if you carry on you'll be at target in 35 weeks or by the beginning of the summer. They say about a stone a month on this diet and you're smashing that so I think you should look at it over the month rather than week by week. You're doing so well, dont give up x

I know i cant give up. I dont really have a choice to be honest. I need to lose as much weight as i possibly can as soon as i can. I know to others i may sound selfish but i need to have an operation and i cant till i lose a very good amount of weight or else its life threatening for me. And the longer i leave it the worse it gets if u know what i mean. I just feel so awful i cant describe.

I need to shift at least 5 stones before i can even consider surgery. I really really need this. Can anyone suggest anything i can do better my losses?

This diet averages a weight loss of a stone a month .. You are so on track . Look what you have achieved so far .. I only lost a lb this wk but i look at my weight loss over a month. did you have measurements taken when you started ? If so get them taken again. Keep up the good work. xx

Hey MFB hang in there u wil have weeks wer u don't loose much like me I have been stuck at the same weight since Monday n only managed to loose a lb since then but have to keep going!! I'm 21lbs away from my 25bmi n then I want to loose another stone on ss+ n be cum CDC hopefully if all goes to plan !! Don't look at little loss just look at the hole amount u have lost n remember u will get there slowly but surely !! Xxxx

i know guys im sorry for moaning. ive just been feeling so miserable and its like as if its a race against time for me.. and ur right when i look at it over all i do feel much better. my doc wants me to have bariatric surgery so that i can lose the weight for op. i have been for apps for it.. and i have my big appointment with consultant in nov... :S

you could loose another stone before your meeting if it's mid nov.

a lower weight loss this week will be catching up time for your body. we all have one week every so often where our weight losses are rubbish. don't stress.

try the following to help you.

1) body brushing.
2) drinking a little more water.

remember on cd you loose fat with your weight loss too. get yourself on some scales once a month that read your body fat %age.

thanks great things your a star.
i feel alot better about things today. just been hiding under a rock for a bit. just felt really miserable! but im okay and im just going to look on the bright side. :)

oh lovely - look at my tag, we started in a similar way and when i was a few weeks in I had two weeks in a row where i lost 1.25lbs - despite being 100%. First thing to say is i was just as upset and said all the same things...

thing to bear in mind: on weight watchers 2lbs would be a good week. A good week on CD is over 4lbs, sometimes twice that! And you'd have to deal with hunger, and making decisions about food which you could then make bad decisions about. Look at how strong you've been able to be on SS! It works for you, honey.

Could you be retaining water? I always check by how easy it is to get my rings off.

I'm so sorry you're feeling disheartened, though I completely understand why. This diet is a huge sacrifice and you want to be feeling like it's worth it.

Have you increased your exercise at all? It may be that you're replacing fat with muscle, so still shrinking but not budging so much on the scales. How do you feel within yourself? Clothes any looser? Can you feel a bigger difference within yourself? xx

Last edited:
I hope this will cheer you up a little - even though I know you're losing weight for health and not aesthetic reasons - every time you post and I get to see your picture I am blown away with how beautiful you are. You are absolutely stunning, and you will reach your goal some day. And we'll all be so proud of you.

In week 4 I lost 'only' 2 lbs and I was gutted as I had stuck to it 100% like you but the way I came round to seeing it was that on my past 'diets' I didn't lose any weight, either staying the same or putting on so even though it was a smaller amount than I was expecting on CD, it was great that I lost at all!!
And the next week I lost 6lbs :), sometimes it takes a little longer than a week for your body to register a loss, after all it doesn't know that today is weigh in day and the weight needs to be gone, a few moew pounds may come off the next day or the day after, so be patient, you can do it - don't give up and go back to another class or plan, there is a reason that they didn't work for you and you went onto CD and that reason is probably the same why they may not work for you now.xx

Hey how is everyone !! Good to see everyone still in cd.... Well I've been stuck at same weight since Monday not happy !!! But still not giving up hope !!! Had two cups of green tea today really enjoyed the green tea!! Hope for a better day tomorrow and maybe mite eve loose a lb :(

oh lovely - look at my tag, we started in a similar way and when i was a few weeks in I had two weeks in a row where i lost 1.25lbs - despite being 100%. First thing to say is i was just as upset and said all the same things...

thing to bear in mind: on weight watchers 2lbs would be a good week. A good week on CD is over 4lbs, sometimes twice that! And you'd have to deal with hunger, and making decisions about food which you could then make bad decisions about. Look at how strong you've been able to be on SS! It works for you, honey.

Could you be retaining water? I always check by how easy it is to get my rings off.

thanx hun, i know your right. not sure if i am retaining water... but i have always had a prob with that.. my ankles are always swollen but its the least they have ever been since i started dieting. i was just being a miserable cow lol but thank u so much for ur advice feel so much better x

I'm so sorry you're feeling disheartened, though I completely understand why. This diet is a huge sacrifice and you want to be feeling like it's worth it.

Have you increased your exercise at all? It may be that you're replacing fat with muscle, so still shrinking but not budging so much on the scales. How do you feel within yourself? Clothes any looser? Can you feel a bigger difference within yourself? xx

i havent done any exercise to be honest since i started. i was going to start from this week. my clothes dont feel any loser than they did around week 2... and i dont really know how i feel. everyone so far has told me that they cannot see a difference in me yet... (doesnt exactly make me feel any better) but my husband keeps saying i have (liar!)

I hope this will cheer you up a little - even though I know you're losing weight for health and not aesthetic reasons - every time you post and I get to see your picture I am blown away with how beautiful you are. You are absolutely stunning, and you will reach your goal some day. And we'll all be so proud of you.

this comment just made me cry so so much. in a good way tho. thank you so much. the reason i have that pic up is because it was perhaps one of the very few times in my life where i felt good and beautiful. i had lost 4 stones for my wedding and weighed 15st.. which is still loads but i felt amazing. :) i'd be happy to just get back there for now. thank u so much x

In week 4 I lost 'only' 2 lbs and I was gutted as I had stuck to it 100% like you but the way I came round to seeing it was that on my past 'diets' I didn't lose any weight, either staying the same or putting on so even though it was a smaller amount than I was expecting on CD, it was great that I lost at all!!
And the next week I lost 6lbs :), sometimes it takes a little longer than a week for your body to register a loss, after all it doesn't know that today is weigh in day and the weight needs to be gone, a few moew pounds may come off the next day or the day after, so be patient, you can do it - don't give up and go back to another class or plan, there is a reason that they didn't work for you and you went onto CD and that reason is probably the same why they may not work for you now.xx

thank you hun. ur right.. patience is what i need. i do feel much better today and just being really positive. thanx

Hey how is everyone !! Good to see everyone still in cd.... Well I've been stuck at same weight since Monday not happy !!! But still not giving up hope !!! Had two cups of green tea today really enjoyed the green tea!! Hope for a better day tomorrow and maybe mite eve loose a lb :(

urgh green tea makes me go! good look for your weigh in x

Back