Weigh in Day

Dollyanna

Does anyone tend to eat less on their weigh in day?

I'm weighing in tonight but scared to eat too much!! xx

Nope, cos i weigh in in the morning (with joining online i tend to weigh when i get up on a saturday) so it doesnt matter if i eat the same or less on weigh in day cos i've already weighed in before i eat. I made that sound complicated didn't i haha

I tend not to eat before weigh in, but I weigh in the morning so it's not like a whole day without food or anything. I weighed in earlier than usual once cos I was too hungry to wait until after 11am (official weigh in time), then at 11am I weighed myself again and was lighter - now I'm not so bothered if I eat before WI or not!

I think there's lots of posts on this. I weigh at home on a Wed morning so for me it's easy but I used to weigh at 5.30pm & found myself eating very little in the day. I shouldn't have done that.

SW is about fitting into everyday life & being normal. Cutting back on food in the day for a weigh in later on isn't normal as you'd never usually do that. I think a lot eat as they would any other day (quite a few yesterday said they eat dinner at 6pm for a 7pm weigh in). If you eat as normal, and do that every week, you'll find the result is consistent :)

Don't start bad habits off now..... eat normally because whatever you do for your first weigh in, you'll then do it forever!

There are people on here who are pretty much nil by mouth on WI day, but there are a lot who eat normally but not huge meals, it's been discussed a fair bit in the past on here but I'm sure lots of people will offer their advice!

I have cereal for breakfast and then salad and fruit for lunch. I don't have a drink past about 2.30-3pm though. This is daft, but I've always done it, and that's what I mean about bad habits!

I always eat how I would on any other day. My weigh in is at 5.30pm on a Monday evening . The way I look at it is that it would not be a true reflection of my weight. Its not a fat loss just dehydration. I know people at my weigh in who dont eat or drink all day. But to me that is not a sensible attitude and goes against everything that I am trying to cahnge about the way I eat. Let me know what you think x

I train at the gym now 5 times a week so my weight loss is slow and steady but I could not go all day with out food.

Thanks for everyone's useful answers! :)

I think I'll just eat normally because there is absolutely no way I'd be able to not eat anything at all which is how I've got myself into this mess in the first place! Fingers crossed I've lost something! xxx

I weigh in at 6:30 so I eat normally until lunch, and have any fruity snacks in the afternoon. But I take my dinner with me to eat after weigh in...I didnt to start with but one week I didnt have time to have dinner before and after that was scared I'd put on if I ate first lol

Back