Weight gain - help!

julesm

Slimming World
Hello everyone. I have been doing slimming world for a week now. I have stuck to it 100%, no cheating, weighed out all my healthy extras, never going over my syns, checking everything on the syns online database... I did plenty of exercise, I even did a 5 kilometre race on Saturday and was feeling fab.

Then last night I had my first weigh in and had GAINED 1 lb!! Its not my time of the month or anything. I was really disappointed. After the meeting my consultant looked through my food diaries and said I am eating all the right things and doing it right. He asked me a few more questions and I told him that I thought I would have gained because on slimming world I'd been eating loads more than before, but when I mentioned that I have been getting hungrier than before he decided that the problem must be that I'm not eating enough.

I don't know what I should do as I have been eating loads. What do you all think? Should I stick with it? Has this happened to any of you? Could it be slimming world just doesn't work for me?

Hi Jules

I think you should stick at it. Perhaps you could post a diary on the food diary board here and people here can check your daily meals for a while.

Try not to let your gain get you down. Trust the plan and give your body time to adjust :)

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I'll post my food here for you guys to have a butchers at if that's ok. I'll start with today and yesterday:

Yesterday (extra easy)

After my weigh in I went and got myself some super speed fruits and made a big fruit salad to take to school with me so I never felt hungry)

Breakfast: melon and grapefruit.

Morning Snack: mullerlight yogurt, more melon and grapefruit, pomegranate, orange, dairylea light cheese triangles (I ate 5 of these over the course of the day as he a)

Lunch: sandwich made from wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (he b) and dairylea triangles
Carrot sticks

Snack: rest of dairylea, a satsuma

Dinner: oven baked salmon with stir fried (with frylight) veggies, egg fried rice made with frylight and soy sauce

No syns

Today: green

Breakfast: porridge made from semi skimmed milk and oats (he a and b) raspberries, orange, grapefruit

Snack: apple and satsuma

Lunch: wholemeal egg Mayo sandwich (bread he b), 2 syns for spread, 5 syns for mayo
Cherry tomatoes, lettuce and cucumber
Melon, strawberries, kiwi, pineapple

Snack: grapefruit and orange
Mullerlight yogurt
Hi Fi bar (6syns)

Dinner: sweet potato, onion, red pepper and mozzarella (42g he a) ommelette
Salad
Dressing made from chopped up cucumber, fat free natural yogurt and the juice of a lime
Mullerlight yogurt

Total syns: 13

Hey, I had a week much like you....i ran 7 miles on sunday as well as more throughout the week and i put on half a pound...maybe its the exercise as we have a marathon runner in group and everytime she has a marathon she puts on! You would think we should be going down not up though :) Stick at it! xx

My consultant said that exercise can actually make you have a gain for a week or two, until your body gets used to it and you'll start losing again. Definitely stick with it though! I can understand why you're disappointed to have a gain in the first week, but you will start losing weight :) And you're eating loads of the right things so keep going. Good luck!

Thanks guys. I have been sticking to it today as well and am still feeling good. Even if I don't lose much weight at least with sw I know I am getting a much more balanced diet. I do that 5km run most Saturdays and usually I absolutely hate every minute of it but last week I found it much easier- I think it was because I'd been eating good stuff all week and before I was on sw I used to avoid carbs as much as possible.

Thanks again for all your friendly advice, I will let u know how I get on at next week's weigh in!

I dont believe you can eat all you like a loss weight. In the first 2 weeks I eat a lot of pasta and but on weight

well done.. ... keep up the good work.. on readin your diaries theyre inspiring me, because i think im not eating enough maybe.. ? god, i think i shoudl join a group for a while.

can I also say well done on your weight loss and well done on sticking to it for 2nd week.

Wanted to say that I notice you are a young loser - your body will be different to older peoples body and retain water and you may grow an inch unexpectedly etc and your weight loss may be a lot slower than other people.

relax and enjoy - you don;'t have that much to lose but good luck for the rest of your journey.

Well done jules, particularly for sticking with it following a disappointing week. Hope next week goes as well :)

Well done, and double well done for not throwing in the towel, here's to another good week

Yay !!! Well done you. You're on a roll now.

Gail x

Back