Weight loss and the return of the period....

hayley86

Hi,

I'm just wondering how long into your weight loss journey / how much weight you'd lost before your cycles resembled something like a normal cycle.
My cycles are between 18 & 60 days long at the moment and are incredibly light (barely anything going on at all!!).
I've got about 6st to lose at the moment, but I'm hoping to start ovulating before target weight!!

Any stories would be appreciated! :)

I went 3 yrs without a period, I joined a gym and got a personal trainer (even though I couldn't afford it). I lost a stone and my periods came back, 2 months later I was pregnant. Then after Caitlin came along id gained 5st and my periods buggered up again, every 3 or 4 months and SERIOUSLY heavy. I thought I could never have more kids, but it just shows that maybe loosing weight does help. We've been trying for 3 yrs but no luck, I've still got 3.5st to go before I'm back to the weight I got pregnant at last time

I went 3 yrs without a period, I joined a gym and got a personal trainer (even though I couldn't afford it). I lost a stone and my periods came back, 2 months later I was pregnant. Then after Caitlin came along id gained 5st and my periods buggered up again, every 3 or 4 months and SERIOUSLY heavy. I thought I could never have more kids, but it just shows that maybe loosing weight does help. We've been trying for 3 yrs but no luck, I've still got 3.5st to go before I'm back to the weight I got pregnant at last time
I've got about 3st to lose before I weigh the same as I did when I fell pregnant last time. But it's comforting yo hear your periods came back after losing just 1st. Kind of makes me wonder if it's the weight loss that makes period come back or the regular exercise??

Hi I started at the gym 5 weeks ago and I have got a personal trainer, I got my first period back at 28 days!! And I had lost 7 pounds at the time. We have been ttc for 5 years now with no luck so I am doing exante. I will let u know if I have a 28 day cycle again but the exercise and low carbs are so worth it xx

About 3 stone or so and then they reverted to my old 30 day cycle that I hadn't seen since I was a teenager. I regained all the weight and my cycle went crackers again. Now I'm about 2 stone down and they're normalising again....finally.

Back