weight loss - how much?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by vixkat, 29 August 2009 Social URL.

1. vixkat

vixkat Cambridge Consultant

Ladies if you follow the slimming world diet and take your full 15 syns a day how much weight are you meant to lose a week?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gemmy_Lou

Gemmy_Lou Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sadly there isn't any hard and fast rules of how much you are 'meant' to lose.
    It really does depend on how much weight you have to lose overall, how much water you have drank in the week, what else you have eaten, the amount of speed foods you have consumed and if you have done loads of exercise or none at all. Your hormones and whether it is star week can also make a difference.

You will learn how your body responds to the diet and how much on average you lose depending on the type of week you have had.

Sorry there is no firm answer!!

judimac likes this.
  4. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    It all depends on the individual metabolism I'm afraid, I am a 1lb a week slogger, but some dieters on here regularly lose 2/3lbs a week.

Although it is recommended that a dieter only lose 2lbs a week, that is considered a safe loss for good health.

5. tfmd

tfmd Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - lapsed
    I have been doing SW since March and have had ups and downs, but am determined to stick to it. Currently I am 13 1/2lb lighter and happy with that. Some days I don't have any syns as I am not hungry, other days I have them all..I try to drink between 1 1/2 - 2 ltr of water a day, and exercise. Although this week I have been ill and unable to exercise I shall see what my weigh in says on Monday..
    Everyone is different and lose weight at different rates..What works for you and other people is totally different...Hopefully you will find SW a rewarding experience and get to your target healthily and happily..

xxxxxxx

6. Wicca303

Wicca303 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and 5:2
    Last time I did slimming world I had lots of ups and downs and it felt as if everytime I had a big weight loss the next week I had a gain.

I think losing a 1lb a week would be good, if you did that every week for a year it's 52lb, that's a lot.

7. vixkat

ok thanks for that :)

8. Scarlet Daisy

Scarlet Daisy Hungry For Life

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(29.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've lost (half a pound under) 3 stone, in 20 weeks. I have about 10 syns a day and am very strict about sticking to the plan. I love SW!

9. vixkat

wow scarlet daisy thats amazing!!! maybe i need to lower mine as i dont lose that much if i stick to it i lose 1/2 to a pound then i get fed up!!

10. tfmd

tfmd Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - lapsed
    Scarlet Daisy, that's awesome!!
    Keep up the good work..
    I plan a weekly menu and shop only for what's on that...
    If I make more then I freeze it and use it for another weeks meals.
    It makes it much easier and less likely to cheat....

11. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    1 to 2lb per week is what they say is a healthy loss and this is achievable on the this plan.

Good luck

Phil x

12. caroldavies23

caroldavies23 New Member

I have only been on SW diet for 1 week but I have put 1 pound on even though I have followed the green diet and had 10 or less syns a day has anyone else put weight on?

13. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Just remember there is no quick fix to this, its better to be nice and steady and learn a healthy eating plan which you can maintain for ever, rather than get to target and then do the yoyo diet.

14. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Have you thought about eating more of the super speed foods such as melon and strawberries etc....that may help without reducing syns.

15. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    It does happen, but there can be many reasons for it. It could be "star" week, changing your diet and your body panicking! It's easy to make mistakes at first, no one gets their head round the plan in week one. I'll bet you have a really good loss next week, but in the meantime why don't you put a diary on the diary section, or put a days meals on here and we can check it for you.

16. caroldavies23

caroldavies23 New Member

Thank you for your reply, this is the first time for me to use this forum. I'll give the SW diet more time, I know it's too soon yet to judge, and hope that it settles down. but everyone else seems to loose a lot on thier first week. I am enjoying this sw diet, I love the food and I'm never hungry. I love the recipies that I've found on this site.

17. claire64

claire64 Member

Hi I did ee for my first week and lost a 1LB, yes I was disappointed but like the nice ladies on here say "its a loss":). when I did this diet before (Red) I maintained so I know its my body. I now look at my weight loss over a month, not weekly:eek:

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Wacky Jacky

Wacky Jacky Size 10 in time for 2010!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(38.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Stick with it!

I've been a SW member since January last year and I've lost 80lbs (so far) - That's 5st 10lbs - It hasn't been a steady 2lbs a week, or even a pound a week, sometimes I've stayed the same, other weeks I've gained! However, I'm really glad I've stuck with it because when I look at how far I've come, well I'm delighted! If I can do it you can too!

I found green days best at first because I seemed to be really hungry at the start, I found I lost more on red if I gave it a full week - but since Christmas I've been doing extra easy mostly because it seems to be just that - easy!

Best o'luck'n'stuff to all SW members out there - in fact anyone trying to shift those pounds! ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.