Weight Watchers Advert

Russiandoll

Carpe diem
Aaaaarg!!! I HATE it with a passion!! :mad:

Patronising, insulting, demeaning, SEXIST pile of sh*te!

Insulting beauty consultant: "Now she's lost the weight, it takes half the time" (would anyone overweight want to go for a leg wax after that comment?)

Patronising husband: "I've got the girl I married back" (Yeah? Shame she can't say the same about the balding guy pushing the swing)

Weird Neighbour: "As a man I notice these things - sorry dear!" (eeeuuuww - report this perv to the vice squad immediately!)

Get this tripe off our screens!

Despite being on WW and a great fan of their diet I have to admit - its blooming awful!!!

The other one isnt much better - some stupid cartoon woman screeching that shes 'gawjus'

They seriously need to change their ad agency!! lol

Despite being on WW and a great fan of their diet I have to admit - its blooming awful!!!

Not knocking their diet (although it's not for me) ... just their awful ad. I think it'll put as many people off as it attracts. I think it just feeds into overweight women's insecurities - and it certainly ignores a large section of society (pardon the pun) ... overweight men.

Not knocking their diet (although it's not for me) ... just their awful ad. I think it'll put as many people off as it attracts. I think it just feeds into overweight women's insecurities - and it certainly ignores a large section of society (pardon the pun) ... overweight men.

I knew it was the ad you meant honest :)

I totally agree with you. I hate the bit where her hubby is so thrilled to have back the woman he married - shes always been that you muppet! :mad:

It's dreadful. I'm amazed they are running it again after all the complaints the previous time. Guess it attracts attention :(

Aaaaarg!!! I HATE it with a passion!! :mad:

Patronising, insulting, demeaning, SEXIST pile of sh*te!

Insulting beauty consultant: "Now she's lost the weight, it takes half the time" (would anyone overweight want to go for a leg wax after that comment?)

Patronising husband: "I've got the girl I married back" (Yeah? Shame she can't say the same about the balding guy pushing the swing)

Weird Neighbour: "As a man I notice these things - sorry dear!" (eeeuuuww - report this perv to the vice squad immediately!)

Get this tripe off our screens!

So would you say you were sitting on the fence or merely feeling undecided?

Actually I've never seen the Ad but will lookout for it now.
Sounds a bit raw & misogynistic for our brave new post-feminist era.

So would you say you were sitting on the fence or merely feeling undecided?

Hmmm - do you think maybe I minced my words a bit? ;)

arghhhhhhh! i hate this advert, who the hell is angella anyway? (think thats who they refer too) i cringe whenever it comes on, i just cant watch it. it's too weird

arghhhhhhh! i hate this advert, who the hell is angella anyway? (think thats who they refer too) i cringe whenever it comes on, i just cant watch it. it's too weird

Absolutely! The world and his wife seem to have an opinion on this mystery woman and her former *worthless* fat life.

Most of us here would agree that losing weight makes us feel more confident ... but it would have been better to have seen the woman herself doing things she couldn't do before and really making the most of her life rather than hear her creepy neighbour saying he 'notices these things' whilst his overweight wife laughs uncomfortably in the background: I mean, that's just WRONG!

I hate the advert too..

Although they have done a reveal, she's in some magazine adverts talking about the impact the ads have had...

LOL...The lady who this advert is about is one of the mums at my daughters school :eek: .
I have to agree is it a sh*t advert ;)

It's slightly more acceptable if it's part of a teaser leading up to more adverts, including weightloss stories from men!!!, but as a standalone, it is deffo very creepy and Stepford Wife-like!

YUK!

Its the mum that gets me...

"I have always told Angela to do something about it.... blah blah blah..."

It really gets my hackles up too!!!
Grrrrrr!

Absolutely! The world and his wife seem to have an opinion on this mystery woman and her former *worthless* fat life.

Most of us here would agree that losing weight makes us feel more confident ... but it would have been better to have seen the woman herself doing things she couldn't do before and really making the most of her life rather than hear her creepy neighbour saying he 'notices these things' whilst his overweight wife laughs uncomfortably in the background: I mean, that's just WRONG!

Sounds to me like the classic message.
"women need to keep slim & attractive to keep hold of their menfolk"
I tjought we'd moved on from this 25 yrs ago

It really irritates me too. When it comes on TV my kids shout to me "Mum, your advert's on" because they know it winds me up!

all these comments have cracked me up, i hate the advert too, even my hubby goes mad at her hubby, shes still the same damn woman he says lol

fortunately for WW it does seem to have boosted membership, im a caretaker of an old school building and on a monday i have to collect rent money from SW and tuesdays i collect from WW, their numbers seem to have doubled in last few weeks... or is it that its the same old people that do WW every spring getting ready for hols then give up after :D

Yes - isn't it just awful. I hate the one where a female says "She has her meat and potatoes and vegetables just like the rest of us"..... How patronising is that - you'd think 'she' had become BRAIN DEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrrgh I hate it too! Plus the whole "Now she's lost the weight, it takes half the time" is so graphic it makes me want to gag! Yup so patronising! x

This thread has had me in chinks laughing, but I am so relieved cos I have to leave the room when it comes on, it winds me up so much! Trust bl..dy WW to have such a god awfull ad! The poor woman must need her head examining agreeing to that ad, I hope they paid her lots of money!

Truly cringeworthy and designed to make over weight women feel even more worthless than they do already.
HATE IT HATe IT HATE IT !
BTW , I Wish that bl..dy swing would knock the smarmy Git husbands teeth out!

Back