Weight Watchers vs Slimming World (the difference?)

RedPanda

Hi, I have followed SW for a long time, then swapped to Calorie counting as SW didn't fit my life, I eventually gave up anything and took some time off and gained weight enough for some of my medical problems to come back, these are restricting my life so I needed to get back to it, hopefully this will ease them and I can go back into recovery.

So could someone help me understand what Weight Watchers is now about? I joined it when I was 20 (i'm 23) so I know it's changed from the Discovery Plan to ProPoints.

I'm looking at joining online so I'm either going to join for 3 months on SW or WW when I've decided which would best fit my life. WW doesn't explain enough of the plan online for me to understand it though so if people could let me know the basics? I'd be very very grateful.

xxx

hi there , as u know ww has changed were everything is doubled and half points r no more . not sure how many daily points u would get but in addition you get an extra 49 a week so say u were on 26pp( a day which is the least your allowed ) and u had ate them but wanted a bar of chocolate you would just take away from your weeklies, some people take them for a night our or split them up equally but u r allowed to use them however u like . hope i have helped and not confused u more lol x

I understand that so far, do you need to use those extra points?
What can of foods do you eat for each meal, just give me a basic/simple day. :)

Hi RedPanda,

I defected from SW a few months ago. If you fancy a look at my WW diary (link in my signature) that will give you an idea of what I eat for each meal and how the points break down. Or take a look in the diary section - loads of food diaries there - so you can probably find someone whose eating patterns/likes/dislikes are similar to yours, IYSWIM.

Good Luck

I joined WW a couple of weeks ago online, I've done about 2 weeks of it but lost my appitite again, back on it this week, is it really as easy as it seemed, I lost 5.5lb without evening changing my food really...

I've just swapped from SW too.........would love some hints and tips about WW. Feel free to check out my diary if it can help anyone too xxx

I am doing Slimming World extra easy and i love it id never switch as it suits me so well. I have friends on WW and they are always counting points and are never full on what they eat their plan seems so much more restricted. With Slimming World i have so much choice and i can have my treats everyday which really helps me stay on track

mrsgosling3 said:
I defected from SW to WW in March and lost 34lbs so far. I find WW easier and suits my lifestyle better :)

I find WW so much easier because I can eat whatever I want and whatever is in the cupboards and just point it. You don't have to restrict what u eat just how much, I'm loving it so far x

Back