Wetherspoons beef burger

Emma75

Can anyone tell me how many syns it has, please?

Are you sure you're ready for this?

J D Wetherspoon Classic 6oz Beef Burger in a Bun per serving[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
60½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 60½ Syns
green.gif
Green 60½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

WHAT!?!??? :eek::cry::eek::cry:

I think it is safe to say I have used all my syns for today - and tomorrow - and had my last ever WS burger..... It wasn't that nice! LOL

Thanks for getting the info for me!

no probs, it's scary isn't it!??? But at least now we know, just think about how easy it would have been to eat that before SW without giving it a moment's thought! xxx Good luck with the rest of your week x

We went to Wetherspoons last night and I went for the 8oz sirloin with a jacket potato. I've just looked it up on the website and it says 38 Syns on EE :(

How come when it was a steak (free), a jacket potato (no butter - free), peas (free), tomato (free) and mushroom (free)??

Alwyn, I read on other threads on here that they inject the jacket potatoes with butter/oil and coat them in oil, so the potatoes alone are 30+ syns each. I think it would be best to steer clear of the place altogether. It may be cheap, but not good for our diets!

I spoke to my consultant about the whole injecting potatoes with butter or oil and she said that they didnt?? As if they did it would have to say it on the menu incase some people had allergys! so i dunno whats going on here!

xxx

I don't know! I can only go by what I have read on here... Makes it so hard to make healthy choices though when there are things like that to worry about!

I'm definitely going to be having the 5 bean chilli with rice next time!! Only 4.5 Syns!

60.5 syns is a joke, think of how many Ferrero Rochers you could have for that and they would be much better :)

I went to Spoons and had a jacket with beans, free on a green day, and actually it was gorgeous.

As for the 60.5 and all the content being free it isn't really is it. Meat is only free if it is the lean version and all visible fat removed. I don't think you'll find a steak anywhere in the world that is free! Plus of course I suspect they didn't cook it in fry light. Same with the mushrooms possibly too. Any oils/sauces/etc would count as extra.

I think it's a disgrace at how unhealthy these foods are and you really don't have a chance of knowing until you try to work out the syns for them. No wonder so many of us are overweight Grrrr

I spoke to my consultant about the whole injecting potatoes with butter or oil and she said that they didnt?? As if they did it would have to say it on the menu incase some people had allergys! so i dunno whats going on here!

xxx

So how does your consultant explain the extraordinary syn value then? According to their website a baked potato and beans comes in a 650ish calories and 16.5g of fat!

Last edited:
Because when the meal comes it's comes with 2 butter sachets and the side salad comes dressed! Ws work out the cals from the whole meal not just the beans a potato!

If that's the case, then surely if you asked for the salad to be undressed and left out the butter, the meal would be free?

:confused:

Thats exacty what ,my slimming world consultant and head office have said!

If you ask for jacket spud no butter no dressing that is exactly what you will get!
xxxx

Back