Wetherspoons Jacket Potatoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew! I went to spoons the other day and had a bit of a breakdown when looking at the menu so just panicked and went for a jacket potato with chilli - glad it wasn't too bad for me! Only on week two so still learning. :)

me too rosegold, I have got the app on my phone though its great you can write in place and food and it tells you syns before you eat it. I look a right loony taking hours to order while I check the whole menu against my phone :)

I've done the same this week! x

I had a jacket and 5 bean chilli last week, but I'm sure in my book it said 11.5 syns? Is this wrong?

Why would you deep fry a jacket potato anyways :s

I had a jacket and 5 bean chilli last week, but I'm sure in my book it said 11.5 syns? Is this wrong?

I hope it's not that much!!! I thought it was 1.5 syns?

11.5 is correct. It says on the site they are looking into it further as they are unsure why the amount of fat for the jacket potato with bean chilli has increased so much...?

But 11.5?! Not really good that for a jacket potato and bean chilli. There must be better things on the menu in wetherspoons to eat.

Well this is perfect timing, off to Spoons for a 'breakfast' tomorrow, jacket spud is the only thing on their menu i can think of that would be relatively good!

11.5 is correct. It says on the site they are looking into it further as they are unsure why the amount of fat for the jacket potato with bean chilli has increased so much...?

But 11.5?! Not really good that for a jacket potato and bean chilli. There must be better things on the menu in wetherspoons to eat.

It is more than likely that the syns will come from butter and dressing but I'm waiting with interest or the outcome of this ;)

I suspect it's to do with the added stuff they pump in the potatoes to make sure they are preserved, cooked quickly and are all taste identical.

The ingredient list will be more than just potato & oil.

I thought Mc Cain Jackets were more than 1 syn - that is good news, I can have some for my lunch lol x x

Joined SW last week and the group leader said that Wetherspoons deep fry their jacket spuds. I did raise a quizzical eyebrow but as it was my first week I didn't speak up!!

I LOVE Wetherspoons - mainly for their very cheap bottles of pink wine! But I do eat there a lot.... I thought that the chicken and pepper skewers and salad would be my best bet...

Lxx

Joined SW last week and the group leader said that Wetherspoons deep fry their jacket spuds. I did raise a quizzical eyebrow but as it was my first week I didn't speak up!!

I LOVE Wetherspoons - mainly for their very cheap bottles of pink wine! But I do eat there a lot.... I thought that the chicken and pepper skewers and salad would be my best bet...

Lxx

I'm gobsmacked that consultants are still spouting this!!! It's awful - maybe you could show your consultant the email at the start of this thread! !

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I joined this week and my consultant said the same! Tut tut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back