what am i doing wrong?

stephie77

Silver Member
I lost 4.5 stone on the old points and have put aboout a stone or so back on so im back to WW to try new PP.

Well, so far i lost 5lb in week 1 (BUT i think my leaders scales were about 2lb out when she first weighed me), gained 1.5 wk 2, lost 1.5 wk 3 and wk 4 is this weekend but its looking like i have gained on my scales...

My question is how???

I go to the gym 5 days a week (always have) and burn around 600 cals, i have stayed within my 29 points and have only used 13 of my weeklies so far as i really dont need them....Its not muscle as i have my body fat measured - its fat - and its not going anywhere - and its starting to really upset me now as im really really trying but it just aint working.:cry:

any advice??

Cheers
x

Don't cry!!
Ur doing so well! I read on another thread here to mix up ur gym routine... If ur body gets used of the same routine it won't work as well... sorry I'm not much help but don't be sad! Maybe go on a big night out with the girls & start fresh again!
Keep it up, ur doing really well:)

First of all, don't panic! I'm sure it's something absolutely understandable. Why don't you post your diary so we can see whether you're making any mistakes in the calculation of the points, or we can give you some suggestions? Did you have TOTM in the last couple of weeks? Are you sure you're on 29pp? Has a leader given you the count or you calculated it online on some calculator? I'm asking because the pan recently changed and the "unofficial" calculators online don't give the right points...

I'm not too sure if this helps or not but me and another minimins mate have had painfully slow/often nonexistent losses too and we exercise regularly too. It's counter to logic but it seems like the weeks when we have done less in the gym, we've had better losses. Strange but true. We reckon it's because we are retaining more fluid when we exercise, which apparently can happen. Try reducing the gym for a week as an experiment and drinking 1-2 litres of water a day as it has helped us a little.

thank everyone, i will try all your tips! xx

Hi there,
My leader used to say that if I didn't eat enough, my body would go into starvation mode. I would sometimes get better losses when I ate my WA than when I didn't. I know it feels weird; it's like eating for the sake of it, but if you are exercising regularly and eating less it may slow your weight loss.

maybe try eating more of your weeklies? We are given 49 a week for a reason. Are you eating all your dailies as well?

Whats your water intake like?

Also mix up the gym for definite. I do a kettlebell class on a Monday, Thursday is spin, Saturday is a gym routine set by my personal trainer (changes every 4 weeks when I have my monthly session with her) and Sunday is swimming at the moment but will change to gym (poss cardio only) after I've done my swimathon or I might alternate between swim and cardio only - so I am doing something different every time I go, my body can't get used to my exercise routine.

Good luck.

Yep, def eat your weeklies - when I worked for ww we usually saw the best losses in people who'd used at least half (for people on about 33 daily or less - more than that and it didn't seem to make a difference.)
Also, just like with exercise, try switching it up a bit so your body can't predict. Eg one week give yourself an extra seven per day, one week use them all at the weekend, one week half and half. Studies have shown you'll lose more when your body can't ''guess'' or ''predict'' how many calories you'll get (and yes, I know ww isn't calories for good reason, but the principle applies still!)

Back