What Ambiguous Compliments Have you Ever Received

KD

Gone fishing
You know...those compliments that make you thing "Yeah!!!...I think:confused:"

A kid at school today said "Now that was an interesting lesson.....I mean really, really, interesting" Ummm.

Another kid said yesterday "you don't look so old today".

What compliments have you received that's left you unsure whether to thank or sock 'em one?

My friend, who also struggles with his weight and currently is not winning, said to me the other day 'God, you're still thin aren't you?'!!! Cheeky little monkey! Mind you, sometimes I can't believe it, I still sometimes fully expect to wake up having been visited by the fat fairy in the middle of the night!

My friend, who also struggles with his weight and currently is not winning, said to me the other day 'God, you're still thin aren't you?'!!!

LOL.

Mind you, sometimes I can't believe it, I still sometimes fully expect to wake up having been visited by the fat fairy in the middle of the night!

Me too. Keep thinking I'm in the middle of a dream

im disabled and when i was heavier i used to have to park in the disabled slots in the supermarket car park, as my walking was bad, now im much lighter i try not to and to leave them for other people who are worse off, but one day my son was with me and i used a normal parkning slot, and he said to me, ` its good we can park in the smaller places now your not as big,`

A dear friend of mine, when telling her family how proud she was that I had lost weight, announced (in front of me) "she looks much prettier now". She backpedalled reeeeally quickly which made it even worse.

LOL Gill:rolleyes:

Sort of reminds me of when I used to tell the kids to breathe in if I had to drive through a narrow space:rolleyes:

hehe...i tell my kids to breath in when going thru narrow spaces. and bless..they suck there lil cheeks in :)

ive been told i would be pretty if i wasnt so fat. definately worth socking them. always want to say "you'd be pretty if u found a very experienced surgeon" :D

ive been told i would be pretty if i wasnt so fat. definately worth socking them. always want to say "you'd be pretty if u found a very experienced surgeon" :D

That's so horrendously rude. FWIW I think you're ever so pretty right now (for ages I could only imagine you as the little cartoon exercising lady, so it's nice to see your lovely face. I've actually been meaning to say that ever since you changed your avatar).

hehe...i tell my kids to breath in when going thru narrow spaces. and bless..they suck there lil cheeks in :)

That's awfully rude, although I do love your reply, I wish you'd use it.

And for what it's worth, I think you look beautiful in your avatar! :D

kate, usually i ignore posts/comments like that as i dont see it and dont take compliments very well but need to start working on the confidence so i will say thank you :eek: still blushing though lol.

thanks xxxx

thanks sparkle. can someone tell this to my hubby please? lol.

Got another abiguous compliment today!!

A group of us at a meeting discussing The Truth About Food prog. We then get onto talking about weight issues (it's mainly women there you see:rolleyes:)

Someone said "I don't know why some people let them get so fat...I just can't understand it". Someone else suggest they asked me "because I will know".

Could take that two ways...a) because I have personal experience, b) cos I'm a know it all :D

Think they meant a) though:eek:

I think because you are a good obeserver of life and they expect a studied answer from you and as you say yourself you have experienced it both ways:rolleyes:

Take it as a complinment!!!:D

Love Mini xxx

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT U KARION! opps sorry cap lock.

spot on in my opinion mini :) but thats cos u r a pretty fab observer urself lol

Back