What annoys you about your slimming world class

I hate the none smiling woman who weighs us - I swear if that woman smiles at me one week I will have an actual heart attack, I think I'd have to go in and lose or gain 22lbs one week to get a reaction from her - I think she's a cyborg......

Our group seems to include all the raffle/SOTW/SOTM stuff and our C is really good.

Its people talking while the C is talking that really annoys me!!:mad: so rude!

and I know some people have to bring kids with them but if they run up and down and scream all the way through class then dont bring them!!

also since I joined in March there are a couple of long term members who never lose a thing...why bother? then they sit and moan about their weight...and what an awful week they've had...:confused:

lastly, our C gives the new members talk before image therapy so somtimes we sit waiting for ages, better if its after class

Our C is really bubbly. We do the talk to everyone thing and she announces everyones loss or gains and has a little chat with each person and some of us throw in ideas here and there.

We do the raffle which has 3 prizes - food ideas. SOTW and SOTM.

The clapping used to bug me, especially when clapping for those others have mentioned, who never really lose anything but now I commit to the spirit of it all as I think it helps everyone.

It must be hard to go every week and not lose very much but I guess its a social event for some and so its good to make them feel welcome, even if we dont understand why they continue to pay a fiver and then not follow any of the advice. :)

I assume C's dont do the weigh-in themselves else they'd have nothing to say in the group sessions?

my consultant is lovely but the one thing i dont like is that she doesnt give out certificates....just stickers......i wanted certificates for my fridge.
also i have been there 17 weeks now and not once has body magic been mentioned,pushed etc at all so no getting awards there either.

I've been making the effort to stay to group the last few weeks and it's not as bad as I first thought! My main issue (and I don't know if it's something that happens in most groups) is that Image Therapy always, always, always starts late - my C gets chatting to someone, then realises we're late, so goes to start and then someone comes in late so we 'just wait a minute' for them to get weighed, so on and so forth... it's no major issue for me at the moment, but if you're pushed for time then those ten or fifteen minutes make a difference!

Really interesting to read what different groups do, I don't think I could be doing with splitting into different groups for quizzes and things, I like chatting as a whole group and seeing how everyone's done!

I hate when the person weighing you can't figure out how much you have lost and says your weight out loud while she is trying to figure it out.
Last night when I weighed in she was telling me I had lost 1 1/2 lb. I told her that she was wrong and then she said 'oh yeah you have only lost 1/2lb. At which point I was getting slightly tetchy as I had in fact lost 5lb so she was way off the mark. It wasn't like I was even going into the next stone down to confuse her. Dont get me wrong I dont mind the odd mistake but dont be arguing with me that she is right and I am wrong. Get somebody on the scales that can actually count! Rant over!! lol

someone comes in late so we 'just wait a minute' for them to get weighed, so on and so forth...

In our group weigh in is between certain times.

If you are late you have to wait until image therapy is over to get weighed.

I wholeheartly agree with this.

I used to really enjoy my class but the consultant left at the beginning of May. Her replacement was awful but I carried on going, many people left because they didn't like her (for one thing she couldn't remember anyones name, even mine and I did the weighing for her every week!) so she then quit because it wasn't worth her while doing the class with so few people.

Then we had a temporary consultant who was pretty good and a few people returned to class. She has been on holiday for the last three weeks so we have had yet another consultant covering!!!
It is driving me mad we have had no consistency for such a long time and my weight loss is really suffering. :cry:
This whole experience has certainly opened my eyes to the different styles the consultants have. It is definitely more motivating to have all the stickers and certificates we deserve. Also the raffle and sow basket make it more interesting. Having food tasting sessions now and again bring us new food ideas and helps everyone in class to get to know each other.
I've missed all that sort of thing the last few weeks and I'm seriously miffed.

Rant over, thanks for reading :)

Pet hate is when people talk amongst themselves during the session. Go home if you want a chat! x

I hate the none smiling woman who weighs us - I swear if that woman smiles at me one week I will have an actual heart attack, I think I'd have to go in and lose or gain 22lbs one week to get a reaction from her - I think she's a cyborg......

This made me laugh so much, thank you Moomin, I really needed that! We used to have a WI lady like that at our class - no smiles, not even a hint of facial reaction to losses or gains!

My class is okay; smallish, about 15-20 people on average. Our consultant is a man, he's very funny - I've joined this same class on and off a couple of times (1 million maybe?) and our current WI lady is lovely. We have SOTW, complete with bowl of fruit, but no mention of SOTM so far.

In the past there have been tasters, but what he does do every week without fail, is bring in a new food - sometimes a cereal bar, crisps, sausages, sweets etc (all low syn), and cuts them up into bite sized pieces so we can try before we buy as it were.

I think it's good because sometimes you find a food that's low syn only to discover you don't like the taste. This eliminates having to buy a whole pack of something you don't like.

Going through members weight losses is my favourite part. Last week was a really bad one for me, but I stayed and listening to others losses motivates me just that little bit more. Plus, we've got this target member (also a man) who's lost a massive 8st, he's very helpful with suggestions and we're always in awe of his before and after piccies.

I suppose I don't really have an annoyance...:D

I hate when the person weighing you can't figure out how much you have lost and says your weight out loud while she is trying to figure it out.
Last night when I weighed in she was telling me I had lost 1 1/2 lb. I told her that she was wrong and then she said 'oh yeah you have only lost 1/2lb. At which point I was getting slightly tetchy as I had in fact lost 5lb so she was way off the mark. It wasn't like I was even going into the next stone down to confuse her. Dont get me wrong I dont mind the odd mistake but dont be arguing with me that she is right and I am wrong. Get somebody on the scales that can actually count! Rant over!! lol

When your class goes "electronic" that problem will be solved, as the computer does the calculation.

However, it is the electronic system that causes the problem that someone mentioned about everyone's losses being read out even if they have gone home.

With the paper system, the weighing lady can ask if you are staying and put the paperwork in a separate pile if you are. With the new system there is no way of differentiating between those who are staying and those who are not, so the consultant has to go through the whole list.

My first class was ok but I had to leave as it was on a Monday and I now work Monday evenings, so I went to another and I hated it!

She runs two groups in one night I went to the later one which is the new group, she doesn't talk to individuals, only the group talk, so I felt unwelcome and a nuisance as she had to transfer me over.

The group talk consisted of the Syn values of alcohol! She'd obviously had fun buying the stuff, but I only drink once or twice a year so I was bored. Mind you the first group seemed to fixate on alcohol and chocolate, I don't eat much chocolate either.

Then the church hall had a really off smell, they had a taster evening but I wouldn't even suck a sweet with that smell!

I stopped staying after the first couple of Image therapies, I tried the earlier group but only stayed for weigh in as the group is enormous!

So I'm really put off going to another group.

Meh, the electronic system needs some serious sorting out, after it decided I was 2st 2lb heavier this week than I was last week. *grumble*

I find my class really good, although I am generally a shy person so when discussing our weight losses and if like last meeting I got SOW and SOM was very hard for me as im not in this for praise. I do like the discussions that happen as its usually leads to recipes/products that I hadnt thought of.

Last edited:
also since I joined in March there are a couple of long term members who never lose a thing...why bother? then they sit and moan about their weight...and what an awful week they've had...:confused:
Please bear a thought for us slow losers. I started 14 months ago and it has taken me all that time to lose 2 stone 2lbs. I would go weeks without things shifting i.e a pound a month some times but i persevered. I would hate to think of people in the group getting cross because i hadn't lost weight. People with less to lose don't have huge losses every week and hand on heart I kept to the plan as religiously as life allowed.
The times I got angry was when my previous consultant said I must be cheating and listed the things I may not have noticed I was eating such as biscuits or alcohol!! I didn't cheat but I worked out for myself that i had been eating way too much free foods like pasta, rice, yogurts and shed loads of fruit but she didn't notice that from my food diary x

This thread is very interesting. I can't complain really. I am slimmer of the week almost every week and slimmer of the month for the last 3 months. The other members and I have a laugh and a joke about how it's not fun for them when I'm in because they don't stand a chance in winning the slimmer of the week basket.

My consultant is pretty good compared to others mentioned in here. The only thing i don't like is when i text her with queries (i.e. what's the online password?) she forgets to text me back. I need to be online to check my weight loss graph for motivation. lol! ... I suppose it's my fault for not writing it down in class thinking I'm going to remember these passwords.

So no complaints really.

My C doesn't text back! She's always eager to get people off the phone! Now that's out of class...

In class:

- There's loads of little cliques and they always sit in specific places and have specific jokes. C gets involved - why wouldn't you? But then becomes very serious when talking to other members, so it's a bit of an odd feeling, like you've been naughty.

- Problems with the laptop/money/holidays/thingythatholdseveryone'slossdetails. One of the (much) older members with (very) little patience sits at the laptop and takes the fees every week - at every fourth or fifth person, the line stops and we all have to wait five minutes. Not brilliant as the group has more than 30 people? God forbid anyone wants to take a holiday, my goodness. All hell breaks loose. C is called away from whatever she's doing and must fix the problem. My first week, during my intro talk, C was called away atleast 5 times to "just check that this lady is only paying for this week". Ughhh.

- Too much going on at once, and not enough people controlling it. On a line of tables, there's the laptop, lottery, raffle tickets, mags, hi fi bars, scan bran, magnets, and THEN the scales. Obviously you can skip from laptop to scales, but if you want a mag or you want to stop for a raffle ticket, the rest of the line stops because there are only two people who work the whole line of desks.

- C has never once asked me about a target weight. To others, she will say 'ooh you're nearly at target!' or 'you're almost halfway there!' or you know, something that says she knows what they want to get. With me, it's like 'Rahlia, (not even close to my name btw, but she wrote it down wrong the first time DESPITE me spelling it out on the sign up sheet and has called me that ever since, saying it takes too long to go into the system and change it but I should remind her next week) you've lost/gained Xlbs this week *claps* so were you pleased with that? Was that expected? What are you aiming for next week?'. Just a teeeeeeeny bit more enthusiasm mate, and I might actually enjoy it!

- Last but most important I think, IMAGE therapy always starts atleast 40 mins after the class time starts. 30 mins is just if we're lucky. People will come early and be weighed, the ones who want to leave are usually gone by twenty past ten, but then C won't do anything for another 15 mins, at which point, the last 3-4 people turn up. She could have started IT by then, and they could wait. I'd be happy to wait if I got in that late, as it's really unfair to keep a whole load of other people sitting around who have plenty of other things to do!

Rant over, for now ;) xxx

I've never seen a Club 10 handed out except when I mentioned it so quite a few other people got theirs too I think.

There's a reason for this, SW doesn't reveal the weight of it's members - It only reveals how much one has lost or gained to the group. If the SW group leader reveals that someone has reached Club 10, and then states how much they have lost then it's easy to calculate that person's starting weight and current weight.

Last edited:
Back