What are you all doing for christmas in terms of diet?

doingitwell

i have decided to still have my products on that day but also have some meat (lean) and seafood with or without veg (not potatoes- prob grilled courgette).

then back on the day after. what do you all think of this? what effect do you think this will have on my diet?

I dont think it will have any effect at all being honest! It sounds very much like an SS+ day lol

I often eat meat & veg throughout the week as part of SS+ and doesnt make much odds to me

I'd be surpised if you didnt lose as much as usual

Im eating on Christmas day minus Roast Pots as not overly keen anyway but will have turkey a plenty ..veg and gravy.. no xmas pud as hate it *blurgh*

You'll be alright :D

Thanks mrsessex. Congrats on your fantastic weight loss by the way!

im having veg and meat and gravy too! i often have a little bit of protein on my hard days and it never makes a difference to me! xx protein will not make you put any weight on at all so eat away!xx

I'm off-diet xmas eve, xmas day and boxing day then CD right through to New Years eve night and New years day. I got no problem getting back on CD, Christmas is only once a year, providing that Im not working it, which Im not this year ;)

I'll see how it goes. Probably have a few days off, without letting things get out of hand. Not got much to celebrate anyway. :(

I fully intend to have a starter, a christmas dinner (no potatos or high carb food) and a piece of christmas pudding with cream. Christmas comes once a year, and there is no way I am sitting there with a bar.

I think it is good to plan, but don't go overboard on the worry about how it will effect the diet. I guarantee it won't effect the diet anywhere near as much as you think it will.

I intend to go with the flow - I'm cooking anyway so will have done some low carb options for dinner and a buffet. I'm not going to be a complete obsessive, just hope to get through without the uncomfortable bloated feeling this year and as I feel I can resist sweet things at the moment, won't overdo the puds. I can remember eating Roses from the tin and not really enjoying them in the past - just eating them because they were 'there'. Hopefully, I have broken that cycle by now. It's only a couple of days after all, back on track after and not much damage done without seeing it a 'binge' and the start of the downward slope
xx

I am taking the same approach as TrueBlue Angel, will be special this year as have not been eating like its xmas day everyday. x

I'm going to be doing 810 the week leading up to xmas, then i will be having xmas day and boxing day off the diet but will be being sensible then back to ss on the monday.

I will be having christmas day boxing day and the sunday off plan as far as the food and drink goes but will not indulge in christmas sweets and will be back on it 100% on the Monday xx

I am going to have Xmas day off but choose sensibly and will avoid any really high carbs or big portions. I also want to do it to prove to myself that I can eat normally without pigging out and make sensible decisions whilst still enjoying myself. I am really looking forward to a couple of Xmas tipple's lol. I will just have one meal on Boxing day and still have 2 cd products then straight back on cd after that.

Well, I hard already put my name down for the xmas work do before I started, that is on the 19th and I will be having roasted veg tart but I am not going to have the started or pudding and won't drink any alcohol. I'm not sure after that, I don't want to go mad but also want to enjoy myself, I need to have some of that xmas cake I have been slaving over! It is also my birthday xmas day so I have 2 things to celebrate, and I really really want some roast potatoes! I don't even know what I will be having for my dinner, probably a quorn roast. I am also going to London for new years eve. So after all that waffling on, I guess my plan is just to see what happens!

I don't intend sabotaging my progress. I would rather be smiling cos I am still losing :) so ... I shall be having an 810 day - which will be change enough for me to make it special. There will just be me and my mum on xmas day and she is doing CD too although she will be on maintenance by then so we shall have a nice healthy day and enjoy being slimmer than we have both been in years! :) I am looking forward to it! I think there is going to be an even bigger smile than usual on my face this xmas!

I'm having 3 days off but going to eat sensibly then get back onto SS after Boxing Day

am trying not to think of most of december as 'diet-wipe out' but I am prepared for a gain!! Have got xmas nites out/work do's/ annual friends reunions a plenty. starting fri 4th dec, again sat 5th december, then got a week in center parcs starting mon 7th december with my family who are all about the booze and constant eating when we go there every year!! (I am aiming to SS+ at the moment). Then got work do's thurs 17th december and sat 19th december! I will want to drink booze on some of them, so will need to eat some food those days. I am trying not to panic (which is what I have done in the past) and just keep telling myself to move on if I have a bad meal, or bad diet day. Last few christmasses I have been so miserable with my size and havent enjoyed nights out etc so I do want to enjoy it this time! Regarding the big day I am on nights shift till 8.30am xmas day morning, so will need to sleep a bit of the day which will help, though I will have a glass of champagne when I get in from work in the morning! Have already told my CD I will have her booked in for the first week in january to face the music, as I imagine she will be busy in Jan with all the new CD'ers!!

I'll see how it goes. Probably have a few days off, without letting things get out of hand. Not got much to celebrate anyway. :(

Aw. Sorry to hear that. On the bright side you'll soon be celebrating your fantastic weight loss on this diet. Best of luck in your journey!

I probably had some over- adventurous plans to ignore Christmas and carry on with my foodpacks but the events of the last few days (was off plan for 4 days and just re-started today) suggests that I should take a break for a couple of days, try to eat sensibly and then get back on CD on 27th Dec x

Im going out for a meal. Gonna be a killer buts its all paid for so i cant complain! im gonna go off ss for xmas n then get straight back on in the new year so shift the rest of my chubbs! :) xx

Back