what can i have instead

Hi Tara, I've only been dieting (calorie counting) for the last two weeks but I've been having a small mug of Horlicks Extra Light Malt Chocolate some nights - it's nice and chocolatey-creamy without loads of calories and fat. I've done a quick internet search and I think it's about 1-1.5 points a mug as long as you don't add milk.

Hi I have caburys highlight chocolate mousse its only 60 cals and really hits the spot for my sweet fix .Good luck with your journey xx

I substitute it with something else that is sweet but healthy. Dried fruit such as raisans normally do the job. Just lately I have found a mint chocolate sugar free chewing gum, Trident Sweet Kicks. This gives me the taste of chocolate without actually eating it.

Dark choc is way richer so you only have a couple of squares at a time (I am talking 70-85% cocoa solids) or dried fruit and nuts or a low fat yogurt (toffee flavour with a teaspoon of cocoa in it?) or a hot chocolate drink low calorie...or for me I have a protein bar or a mini protein shake choc flavour if I crave it...

Last edited:
Fight that craving :D Easy for me to say when the chocolate shakes on W8 are fantastic and give you a great fix.

Tried the skinny cow chocolate drink last night and it was really nice - apparently they have a mint one too - not tried it yet.

LRO x

I'm a big craver of chocolate when I'm due. Couple of things I do. Milky Ways in the freezer cut up. They last for ages and take the edge off. Its the hardest time for me to resist chocolate and tbh I go with it but keep it to low cal stuff, like the mini varieties. I've tried not to do it but I end up binging and the small stuff does it for me. And like someone suggested Dark Chocolate is good too.

This is certainly a tricky one! I've heard vanilla muller light with an options sprinkled on works (im not convinced!) maybe everything in moderation? 1 square of dairy milk a week it is then!

I know its chack but curly wurlys are low in cals and put them in the freezer and they last longer and get rid of that choc fix with out over doing it.

If you like choc and nuts...then the bueno crunchy things are small and light with a hint of all the sweetness and choc...also the bueno small bars of choc, the very mini ones, they're fab for limiting damage...go smaller (but don't have big bags of treat sized chocs hanging round, because then there is temptation to well...you know...) Buy one small choc as and when you 'need' it...

When I hit the PMT days I curl up with a book and a weightwatchers chocolate mini roll. It's a nice little snack along with a highlights hot choc drink. The two together feel like a mini binge, but still way way better than consuming a whole box of maltesers lol

Dark choc is way richer so you only have a couple of squares at a time (I am talking 70-85% cocoa solids) or dried fruit and nuts or a low fat yogurt (toffee flavour with a teaspoon of cocoa in it?) or a hot chocolate drink low calorie...or for me I have a protein bar or a mini protein shake choc flavour if I crave it...

^ i def agree with that post. dark chocolate with about 70%+ cocoa solids can be good for you. There's news that eating a small, 1.6-ounce bar of dark chocolate every day is good for you cos they contain Flavonoids.

thanks guys

i have tried the frozen ww chocey bar in the freezer, cut into small pieces and it worked a treat. next time i am going to buy curly wurly or milky way as these work out cheaper.

thanks for the tips.

I have bought some lovely popcorn from Sainsburys. i think there were 5 bags for £1.16. and they are from the good for you range. they are really yummy. x

oh my god, there were only 5 packets in the popcorn multi-pack, but it says on the bag that there should be 6.

Back