what can i have to make my cals up abit?

assj

Silver Member
just because of my exercise i am under 1200 net cals and i aim to be 1200 net cals or over at least, so i was just wondering what i could have, please bare in mind though i cannot eat fresh fruit as i keep having allergic reactions.
thanks
xxx

Smoked mackerel? Super good for you, and hellish high in calories ♥

Two ryvitas (70), a laughing cow cheese (25) spread on them, couple of slices of juicy tomatoes, some cracked pepper and salt, lovely snack, fairly healthy, bumps up cals 100cals. A kellogs high fibre chocolate bar 111 cals?

Cereal bars are fab. Im addicted to tracker bars right now. Yoghurts, nuts, extra protein. Cheese is a good one. Fruit juice is fab, but obviously if you are having problems with fruit it might not be so good. :)

I think I get this eating exercise cals back....

MFP if I wanted to stay my weight would 1700 cals - as I want to lose I'm allowed 1200 which is losing 1lb per week

However below 1200 is bad and MFP tells me so...

When I run I burn 200 ish cals - so I ought to eat these else my net cals would be below 1200

But MFP doesn't tell me off as long as my food cals 1200 even if I haven't eaten all my exercise cals - it's this bit I'm confused about. I understand it I think but MFP doesn't seem to be insisting I eat them back?????

Hey, lovehatecarbs, you dont have to eat all your exercise cals back as long as you are not going under 1200 cals as it is just far too low for your body to function. hth abit

thanks for the suggetions but i ended up having nothing in the end as we had a car accident so ended up spending the evening in A&E. :(

Hey, lovehatecarbs, you dont have to eat all your exercise cals back as long as you are not going under 1200 cals as it is just far too low for your body to function. hth abit

thanks for the suggetions but i ended up having nothing in the end as we had a car accident so ended up spending the evening in A&E. :(

Hope everyones OK?? :)

Dietkitty said:
Oh no, hope you're all OK!
Sweet chilli Velvet Crunch are good. They're cassava, not potato and are 81 cals per pack and only 1.9g of fat.

Where can you buy the velvet crunch from I can't find them? Thanks

Assj - hope you are all ok.

Thanks for the tip - so net cals can be below 1200 but actual cals can't - ok I can work with that

It's your net cals that shouldn't be below 1200. Some people follow this, some don't. Search on this forum or the one on MFP for eating exercise cals, some really good info. I would never dare eat them back, and would eat 1200 cals then burn 300 so was only netting 900, which is far far too low. Needless to say i stopped losing after 2 weeks.

assj said:

Oh no!! Hope everyones ok? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

chocolate_bananas said:
It's your net cals that shouldn't be below 1200. Some people follow this, some don't. Search on this forum or the one on MFP for eating exercise cals, some really good info. I would never dare eat them back, and would eat 1200 cals then burn 300 so was only netting 900, which is far far too low. Needless to say i stopped losing after 2 weeks.

Oops ok!

Back