What do i do ?

tomtom

Up until now i've been extremly positive about the diet.
Enjoying my shakes/soups/water etc..
Until today, i had my first shake at work, no problem, then when it came to lunchtime, i really wasn't in the mood for it(not hungry) but i had it anyway, and was nearly sick drinking it.

Now i've had it i feel awful, like really awful, and the thought of going home for a soup later is just making my stomach turn.

What should i do ?

Hey Tomtom,

It is quite common to feel queasy at the thought of shakes/soups to start with. For the first few days I really struggled and then suddenly you start to look forward to them. All I can suggest is that you drink plenty of water to help the nausea and perhaps swap a soup for your favourite flavour shake/soup later. It will pass off, try not to worry about it, but do make sure you have your full quota of packs today. Hope you start to feel better soon x

This happened to me and I never touched that flavour again. Sometimes you just have to fight the gag reflex a bit - this is why I blend everything in small amounts really so can swallow in a couple of mouthfuls if necessary.

Hope you feel better soon,
Kx

Thanks. I'm inches from throwing in the towel, and still feel sick at the moment.

I know i'll benefit in the long run, but dont want to go through hell just to get there.
Would rather be at a gym 3 times a week than doing this.

Hi Tom

Personally I think the soups are enough to make anyone want to throw up, but that's just my personal opinion of course :D

I've just had my first sachet of the day, as I never feel like having one first thing in the morning, so for me it works better to have lunch, tea-time and then a nice hot tetra in the evening.

I know lots of people split the packs, which makes them a bit weaker. That might help you a bit.

The first week or so is always tough, but if you can stick with it you will definitely feel better. I had a few days where I felt a bit yucky but in most people it WILL pass.

Don't forget you have the bars to look forward to from week 2. They really are yummy and that means you only have 2 tetras or sachets to have in a day.

Good luck and I hope you start to feel a bit better soon :)

Its just a fleeting moment hun, i had them loads last time when i thoguht why am i doing this i could just eat on weight watchers etc. But 1-2lbs a week wasn't fast enough for me.

you have to think right get my head down on this for a few mths and i'll be back to eating nice food. Or throw it in now and risk being a stone or 2 heavier by xmas.

It does get easier honest. I lasted 17wks last time but then got bored and it all went to pot when my cdc went on hols for 3 weeks.

Aww Tomtom .... honestly stick with it! I promise you that it's soooo worth all this short term discomfort. The first few days I felt sooooo rough and wondered what on earth I was doing to myself, but hang in there. You'll be very very pleased with your WI I'm sure ;) Nothing else diet/exercise wise produces the same rapid loss and protects you from hunger, stay on CD and you;ll be at goal in no time with very little effort.

i've just had my first shake of the day too. I like to have mine about 2, 6 and 8pm

Thanks guys.

Just went and downed a huuuge glass of cold water, apart from the brain freeze i enjoyed it.
Stuff it, it's only a few weeks out my life, so i may aswell just avoid the ones that make me feel rubbish (it was banana) and try something else, as for soups, i think i'll switch to veg, instead of Spicy tom or Chilli.

I did try a hot drink lastnight (choc orange) it was disgusting ! lol

Thanks again guys.
You're a great help. :)

That's the spirit hun - If in a few weeks you are still struggling then try something different, but I'm sure you'll be posting on here telling us all how great you feel and how much you've lost ;)

Try splitting your packs as suggested by Sussex and a choc tetra frozen is lovely - lasts ages and just like choc ice-cream x

it's lush .... as it starts to melt it goes all soft and it's delicious!! Get your teaspoon in standby - that way it lasts longer!! You're doing great hun - and helping each other through the highs and lows is what Mims is all about x

Tom,

It's definitely a matter of experimenting to see which ones you like and hate, hot or cold.

I love the choc mint cold with ice, but hate it hot.
Choc orange - didn't like it even though I thought I would (love the choc orange bars though)
Tetras, I prefer both flavours hot, with a bit of extra water added in then I microwave it in the mug to get it hot, not boiling.
Bars - heavenly but you're restricted with those
Soups - disgusting
Butterscotch - lovely cold with ice but horrible hot
Choc sachets - yuk hot or cold
Vanilla lovely cold, not nice hot

Everyone is different as you can see. The first couple of weeks are really hard because you haven't had a chance to find out the ones you really like or dislike, plus your body is groaning with shock at the lack of food.

STICK WITH IT TOM :D

Just keep experimenting and persevering

See i love

chilli soup
veg soup
chicken soup
mushroom soup

choc tetra cold or hot

toffee bar
choc bar

banana shake cold
strawberry shake cold
choc mint cold or hot
vanilla cold or hot with a spoonfull of coffee
choc orange hot
choc cold or hot

i like most things which is probably why i'm overweight lol

awe tom i am the exact same ..feel sick ....

i love the choc mint, and chicken and mushroom soup they are delicious the soup tastes like real chicken soup..

dont give up.. we can do this.. day 6 tommorrow ....

how much water you drinking? how much water did you drink before? i used to have 1.5 litres now i am up to nearly 5 ... and still feel thirsty...

So far i'm on my 8th glass, which is around 450ml a glass, so that means i'm on just under 4L for today at this point.
I tend to slow down nearer the end of the day, and I tend not to drink after 7pm as i just pee all night ! :D

So i rekon i'm averaging 5.5L a day at the moment. Building it up slowly.

Me i hate the choc/orange and still have one left to go got 4 ,. but i just think get it down . in a few weeks Tom you could have a bar , think its 2 weeks you have to wait but if you want it now have it

Back