• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

What do we think of Quorn?

I'm really into it at the moment and even on a red day I end up having more quorn than meat. I think jamie oliver & hugh f-w'stall have helped with that too. :rolleyes:

I think the fajita strips are fantastic and lovely on a salad of mixed leaves with a glug of kraft low fat garlic & herb dressing. :eat:

On the down side after eating quorn mince i'm blowing off like an old gas bag!!!:D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I have found that I am using it more too, and have started using more meat substitutes over the last few years and the good thing about quorn is that it tastes ok too :) Haven't found the fajita strips yet! If that is a side effect of the mince, I will be more careful in future! LOL

We tried the quorn that was meant to be minted lamb from morrisons I will not be trying them again It was the texture more than the taste that put us all off (4 of us tried them ).Are all meat substitutes of a similar texture is it worth giving diferent make a try xx

I haven't tried the lamb, but the "chicken" pieces are pretty close in texture to chicken and takes on the taste of whatever you cook it with. I don't care for the soya mince either.

x

Dont like the mince but Im trying the sausages tonight, ill let you know what I think!! Not heard of the fajita ones, are they frozen or chileld??

ooooooooooooooo I love all of the Quorn Products !Last nite i had the roasted chicken slab and it was really really nice and filling. I red days because i am not a big meat eater BUT i find i lose more weight if i substitute the meat for quorn and it is a Speed Food.!
Im going to try try the fahita or what ever they are called later!
QUORN ROCKS!
Ruthy

PS. it does freak me out a bit because it does say its a fungus product eeak! Oh yes i too have trumpet trousers after eating quorn and it can make me a bit blocked up..........

Just tried the Fahita strips and i thought they were very gritty? maybe it was just my pack, Oh well i spoke too soon lol
RUthyxxx

Aaw Ruthy your "trumpet trousers" really made me laugh, i'll have to remember that one. Going to try quorn sausages for the first time for my brekkie in the morning - i swear i will be smiling now when i eat them, thinking of the effect they're gonna have!

Irene

Silver Member
Hi everyone
I like the Quorn pieces and fillets - great for curries. Don't like the mince at all. The sausages are ok but I think it has to do with the colour can make dishes bland looking!!!! I shop at Asda and they have their own 'vegetarian range' and their own mince I love great for spaghetti bolognese, lasagne etc. They also do 'beef style chunks' and they are nice lovely in stew and scouse.
Have been a vegetarian for about 10 years so always looking out for new products.
Irene

I personally think Quorn tastes like Play-doh lol. I've tried the sausages, the 'chicken' bits and the mince but I couldn't hack them! I thought the minted 'lamb' steaks were bearable though. I just don't see the point really- I'm a carnivore, I'm going to eat the real thing!

i love quorn sooooo much.. i was a veggie for a long time.. about eleven years.. and i just love it.. i loved the minted lamb.. i loved making things from the mince and i used to use the quorn pieces for fajitas.. its makng me drooool..
x x

Love Quorn. I make shepherds pie with the 'mince' although hubby won't eat Quorn, he likes his meat so I make 2 shepherds pies, one Quorn, one meat. Also have the sausages, chicken nuggets, chicken pieces.