What do you eat when out ?

thinoncemore

Hi all,

When you find yourselfs shopping or out for the day with family , what do you eat ? i struggle when im out for day

McD`s chargrilled chicken salad ... with no sauce/dressings etc ... it`s syn free, and you get plenty of it ... I normally get a Diet Coke with it .... :) ... Either that or a Nando`s chicken salad :)

Yes it is difficult, more difficult for me because I dont like salad. I usually pack up a little picnic and make a sandwich with tuna or lean ham, and have some fruit as well. Then I sit on a bench (yes it doesnt sound good does it ha ha) and have my lunch that way. Hubby looks the other way pretending he's not with me lol !!!!

Depends where you are eating. Some places are easier than others. Most food courts have a baked potato stand, most restaurants will have soup or salad or even steak or chicken. I try to avoid fast food places as I cant resist the temptation but mcdonalds do have lovely salads. Remember you can ask for anything to be cooked without oil for the dressing or sauce on the side and swap chips for salad or jacket potato

I always take food with me. Picnics with the family full of syn free stuff or just snacks if I'm not out for the full day. I don't leave it to chance as I'm unlikely to find syn-free, vegetarian food that doesn't break the bank. It's sometimes annoying not to be spontaneous, but it's a price worth paying as far as I'm concerned.

Town centre eating places are such a ripoff that I would rather go hungry and wait until I get home.

If I absolutely must have something then I will get sushi from Pret, which is delicious (but not syn-free).

I tend to ask for what I want... after all I'm paying for it.

Last time I had grilled prawns without the sauces and a steak with a plain salad. If it's not right I politely send it back.

Where that isn't possible I just have a black coffee until I can get something else.

Most restaurants are keen to please and as long as you're polite they'll try and help.

I almost always end up getting a jacket tato and beans from the wee man in the van. He always gives me double beans! :)

Or If going somewhere to eat, I get steak, rice and veggies. :)

McD`s chargrilled chicken salad ... with no sauce/dressings etc ... it`s syn free, and you get plenty of it ... I normally get a Diet Coke with it .... :) ... Either that or a Nando`s chicken salad :)

I had this today, was so yummy....got told it had syns in it though and when i checked it had 2 syns in it....but i dont know if that was with croutons or not....i just had the chicken and salad, no bacon, dressing or any extras etc. Defo have it again!! :D

beckyblue said:
I had this today, was so yummy....got told it had syns in it though and when i checked it had 2 syns in it....but i dont know if that was with croutons or not....i just had the chicken and salad, no bacon, dressing or any extras etc. Defo have it again!! :D

I eat this and I can't see how....

Maybe the sauce is being counted but I don't have that......

When
I'm
At Uni we have a subway opp so I have a chicken salad with a diet coke which is all free, or go to the toby caravary n have turkey lots of veg n small spoon of gravy thinks it's 4 sins but it doesn't bother me not having tatos or yorkshire because when I'm eating i know I'm getting at least 1/2 superfree or lately I've being going to the harvester and having grilled chicken with baby potatos no butter and corn on the cob fill myself up with salad n always put some
BBQ sauce on chicken only enough tho which is 2 syns n if I haven't had enough syns that day I get sour cream and chive sauce to liven it up so o can still go out with family or OH and it doesn't affect them or where we can n can't go x

Back