What do you get in a class?

Crunchy

I am deciding whether to do SW online or to join a class. I don't need it for the motivation mainly, I was hoping to get meal ideas and other ideas whilst I learn about food optimising. Apart from weigh in and tips, what do you get from the classes? Do they give you any meal ideas?

Consultants (C) vary so it'll depend on who runs the group. My C is great and most weeks gives out a printed recipe to try :)

I love group - I've only missed on in 14 weeks and that was my holiday week. It's fun and the others there are really helpful too.

As well as weigh in we all have a chat about our weeks, how we feel after weigh in and what helped/hindered us. It's always a good way to catch mistakes - especially if you hand in a food diary to your C to check.

We do taster sessions too, where you all bring in a SW treat or meal to share out. Our C also changes it from time to time and it's really inspirational. We're a small group so it might be because we get more time to interact, but I couldn't cope without group. It's one of my faves points in the week :D

It's worth going - just to see for yourself. Maybe give it a few weeks and see whether you're getting what you want from it.

x

I don't do classes so can't advise you on that. I do it online. The SW website has a recipes section which is great, and I use Minimins for support, so I don't see a need to go to classes. xx

our consultant has recipe books( well files full of recipes copied we can help ourselfs 2) also baskets full of syn values!!!
we can also buy scan bran and hi-fi bars at class, recipe books, directorys etc!! its the only thing that keeps me motivted knowing that someone else is going to weigh me (lmao)
laura xx

This forum is amazing for ideas, recipes and support! I might try to do it alone for a while using my magazines and free 7 day profile, plus updating my weight on here each week. I have all the intro books I got off ebay. I may have to wait a few weeks before I join online as it is costly initially! Off to read for some veggie friendly recipes. Am so tired of people asking me if I am pregnant and can see the light that I will lose this weight! Does MiniMins do blogs I could start?

Just out of interest, how much does it cost to register at a class and do you have to pay even if you don't attend, cos my mum used to on WW.

It costs just under a tenner to register and that includes your first class fee. (special offer). You get all your books, the full low down on SW, all the ins and outs etc at your first class.
Yes, you do have to pay if you miss a class unless you let your consultant know you won't go that week. You can miss 6 weeks a year for holidays.

I love group, never missed one in over 2 years unless I was on holiday!

It costs just under a tenner to register and that includes your first class fee. (special offer). You get all your books, the full low down on SW, all the ins and outs etc at your first class.
Yes, you do have to pay if you miss a class unless you let your consultant know you won't go that week. You can miss 6 weeks a year for holidays.

I love group, never missed one in over 2 years unless I was on holiday!
do you get all the books etc at your first class? and what if you decide it's not for you, do you have to pay extra for the books etc?

No once you've paid your first week's money and you get your books that's it. So for most people starting out it's still quite a good thing to do so you've got the basic tools to get you going. You never know you might want to stick with group!

Otherwise you'll get heaps of food/recipe ideas and support here so it might just be all you need! Stick around :D

do you get all the books etc at your first class? and what if you decide it's not for you, do you have to pay extra for the books etc?

You get all your books in a wallet on your first meeting and also the consultant goes through it all with you :D

No once you've paid your first week's money and you get your books that's it. So for most people starting out it's still quite a good thing to do so you've got the basic tools to get you going. You never know you might want to stick with group!

Otherwise you'll get heaps of food/recipe ideas and support here so it might just be all you need! Stick around :D
thanks will look for my nearest class

I love class cause it centers my week. It is my me time. I get to talk to other people of all ages who I would not normally meet and usually come away with a good idea for something to try either food or excercise wise. I have to say when I first went I was really shy and hardly spoke to anyone unless they spoke to me first but I have got over that now. As the others have said it depends on your SWC. Mine is great and very supportive.

Well I rang the class leader to ask her what you get in a class and lets just say she didn't really sell it to me- just told me you get image therapy but I had to question exactly what that was and she said for support. I wanted to join for recipes and meal ideas, I don't need the support (I have here! :D)

So I am using the books I have, hubbie is weighing me each week, then when my magazines have run out of ideas I will join online.

I will shift this weight!

Well I rang the class leader to ask her what you get in a class and lets just say she didn't really sell it to me- just told me you get image therapy but I had to question exactly what that was and she said for support. I wanted to join for recipes and meal ideas, I don't need the support (I have here! :D)

So I am using the books I have, hubbie is weighing me each week, then when my magazines have run out of ideas I will join online.

I will shift this weight!

hmmmmmmmm doesn't sound too good, maybe i will just carry on as i am

Back