What do you have ???

Anthony Smith

Slimmer 2010
Hey guys, just wandering what you all have for lunch on the Cambridge diet are you having a food replacement or are you eating something low carb, as im looking to switch my food replacement lunch wich is currently a shake, for something normal but still low carb and wont knock me outta ketosis.

Hi Anthony,

If you are sole sourcing on the cambridge diet, you will have 3 shakes a day. But in your case, being a man, you would have 4 shakes a day.

BUT because the cambridge diet has lots of options (we call these steps) there is an 810 programme you can do :) This means you can have a no-carb light meal. So in your case, this would be the best step so you can eat a light meal for lunch :) Still loosing weight...

The light meal consists of protein based meat (poultry or white fish, or quorn) and 2tbs GREEN veg - broccolli, spinach, lettuce...). As well as this meal you would also still have your 4 cambridge diet shakes.

There are other cambridge steps that allow you more calories. It explains better than me on the cambridge website, this way you can check out your options :) Cambridge Diet: Welcome to Cambridge Diet

Why don't you try the 810 plan? You can't safely swap a shake for a low carb meal...well, not unless you are doing 810 or 1000 and above.

The 810 plan will mean you can have 3 shakes and a low carb meal, but I'd really recommend using the items and portion sizes as laid out in the book as otherwise it could compromise your weight loss.

810 is great :clap:

ok, im on the 810 one, but i would really like to cut my lunch shake out and replace it with something that will be fine on this diet :)

Cheers

AS KD has explained and your own CDC would also say, you cannot change the rules of diet this way - have your 810 meal at lunch, sure, but don't just drop a shake and add in an extra meal as a/ your weight loss will be affected & b/ if you drop a shake on such low cals, you will not be getting your nutrients and your health could suffer. If 810 (3 shakes & a meal as set out in CD book) is not for you, try moving up to 1000 or 1200.

Do you not have the CD yellow book with all the steps and food options in it? If not, check the link mentioned above... but don't start making things up as you go along, it's just not safe.

xxx

Back