What do you like best about WW

Bev1963

Likes to Post
Hi Everyone

My head is all over the place at the moment. I need to lose weight as I feel really down, sluggish and very lethargic.

I'm contemplating WW and SW and wondered what everyone really likes about WW.

I like the fact that no foods are forbidden.
I love the fact that there is portion control.
I adore the fact that I can still have my vodka and slimline tonic.

It is all a case of choice, moderation and control and that is exactly what I need lol x

Agreedm the best things about it is you can eat anything you want, if you want takeaway you can, if you want chocolate fudge cake you can, its interesting, its easy to follow and you can fit in eating out and unexpected foods

There are o nrestrictions, and it works. I lost half a pound in 5 months on SW, and was really limited as to what I could eat, except for the 'free' foods. WW I can et anything,a dn after pigging out on all the stuff I ahven't been able to have for 5 months, still lost 3lbs!

Lynda

Being able to eat what you like is definitely the best thing about WW. I found SW really hard as I kept having to use syns for things with meals and couldn't have choc or wine when I want.

i like being able to eat what ever i fancy. and the weight loss is alot faster than sw

I like weight watchers because its working for me right now as i type.

Its great because there is NO food restriction, so you have total freedom with what you eat.

Its great because for most fatties like mysel, i couldnt control HOW MUCH i was eating where as weight watchers reigns you in and allows you to have better portion control.

Its great because in the first few weeks while you get the hang of the points way of doing things there are loads of products you can just grab and know exactly how many points your eating.

its great because as you get the hang of the points you can experiment and create your own tasty meals from scratch.

Oh did i mention its working!!

Well I have only been on ww for just over a week after moving from sw but so far I love;

-As people have said above, nothing is off limits as long as you point up!
-Again portion control has really helped me as I had a tendancy to have massive portions when I didnt need them.
-It is easier for convinience. For me being able to grab a sarnie at lunch when Im busy and not worry that I have used most of my points in one meal.

Im sure this list will grow as I learn more about the plan.

I have to agree with everyone else..most definitely the no food restriction :)

Well I have only been on ww for just over a week after moving from sw but so far I love;

-As people have said above, nothing is off limits as long as you point up!
-Again portion control has really helped me as I had a tendancy to have massive portions when I didnt need them.
-It is easier for convinience. For me being able to grab a sarnie at lunch when Im busy and not worry that I have used most of my points in one meal.

Im sure this list will grow as I learn more about the plan.

I can completly agree here!

Having never followed WW always Sw (well when I stuck to it:() portion control has been a bit of an eye opener. With SW eat as much as you like on a green day to me was a challenge haha

I am on day 5 now and feel less bloated and def more full! I had homemade chips tonight with a big piece of fish in breadcrumbs with a huge bag of veggies for the micro and everyone else could have the same:D (although I did put my chips to the side as I measured them teehee)

Good luck with what ever you choose, as long as it works for you, you can become the new you;)

I love the flexibility and freedom you get on WW compared to other diets. Eating out is a breeze, nothings off limit. I have much more 100% days on WW than I did on SW.

I think WW is much healthier in making you think about what youre eating and portion control rahter than just eat as much as you like. Lets face it none of us want to diet for ever and I think WW is much more 'normal' and teaches you more for when you want to maintain.

WW like SW encourages healthy eating and cooking, not convenience food and junk, as many SWers thing but it has much more flexibility for if youre rushed and cant cook, having a convenience meal or pre packed sandwiches are so easily incorporated into your daily points.

And Ive never ever been hungry on WW :)

i do miss certain things that i cant point though. like apple pasties, things from bakerys etc etc eating looooooooooads of chips lol eating a family bag of doritos lol having said that word on the street is that weight watchers make cheesy nachos, gonna check out pound land this week. xx

I love WW because it reminds you about moderation. We're always told 'don't deprive yourself, just have things you like in moderation'. It's the moderation that I struggle with - WW encourages you to be realistic about what you can actually eat in a day. Yes, you can have chocolate, but actually that doesn't mean you should eat a family sized bar of dairy milk, you can have a macdonalds, but just remember that you need to be careful for the rest of the day if you do that. It encourages you to view high fat and high sugar foods as a 'treat' rather than the 'norm' which is what it should be. It reminds me that in real life I should be planning for these treats, such as meals out, not just eating what I want all day then scoffing a massive takeaway aswell. I'm finding it re-educates me in remembering my daily intake of food rather than just not monitoring anything then wondering why I've gained a stone! And I'm actually enjoying planning for 'treats' because I enjoy them much more now.

I followed SW over the last few months and the weight loss was SO slow, mostly due, I am sure, to portion control which I have none of. I am now on my second week of Weight Watchers and finding it much better, I can eat whatever I like as long as I stick to my points allowance, this includes a chinese and wine at the weekends and so far have lost 5.5lbs which I am thrilled with, that would have taken me at least 4 to 5 weeks to lose on SW. Another point with WW is that you can earn more points by exercising.

Good luck which ever diet plan you choose to follow!

I love ww classes. I really don't like sw classes, and got nothing from them. But I love my ww class and look forward to it every week.

As others have said, portion control is the biggest thing. I need to be restricted with my portion sizes, but don't want to be restricted in what I actually eat - so ww is perfect.

I got a bit fedup after getting to goal of still being obsessed with points, so I turned to sw. I find it great for maintaining, but as soon as I need to lose a pound or two, I go straight back on ww to actually lose - I can't seem to lose on sw! I have just accepted that tracking and pointing is part of my life forever, and am back to enjoying doing it.

The nature of the discover plan is to encourage you to mainly eat foods that are really filling. This really helped me because on the older plan, I tended to cut back on points by cutting back on protein - for example if I was having pasta, instead of reducing the amount of pasta - I would leave off the chicken instead. I now understand the chicken is more filling than the pasta, and therefore I take a little less pasta and a bit of chicken, then bulk out with veg. Therefore its helping me to have a more balanced diet.

However my spell doing sw really helped me eat a more balanced diet as I got a taste for foods that I previously didn't eat. For example I never used to eat fruit (tho I ate loads of veg) or yoghurt because I thought they were a waste of points - now I eat them everyday. I really wasn't having any calcium at all - thats my fault, they do encourage you to include calcium rich foods. However I love how sw build it into the plan so that you must have calcium everyday, and fruit is 'free' - I wish there was a way ww could do this - but I appreciate it doesn't really fit with the plan. And I realise that really we are responsible to ensure our diets are balanced.

I am waffling now lol! Good luck anyway, whatever 'diet' you pick.

Back