What do you use your syns for?

debtin

Gold Member
Hi everyone, just out of curiosity (and the fact i have been holding on to my syns for dear life today) i am wondering how everyone else uses up there daily syns? Consultant advised me to have 10 sys per day and i usually stick to this, sometimes under and if over, only by 1 or 2. I tend to use mine for perhaps a curly wurly or french fries crisps, sometimes both but thinking maybe i should start using them on other things or is a chocolate syn almost everyday ok? what are you much valued thoughts? :flirt2:

debtin said:
Hi everyone, just out of curiosity (and the fact i have been holding on to my syns for dear life today) i am wondering how everyone else uses up there daily syns? Consultant advised me to have 10 sys per day and i usually stick to this, sometimes under and if over, only by 1 or 2. I tend to use mine for perhaps a curly wurly or french fries crisps, sometimes both but thinking maybe i should start using them on other things or is a chocolate syn almost everyday ok? what are you much valued thoughts? :flirt2:

I first use them in my lunch and tea -then the remaining ones I use by eating Thorntons Melts - at 2 syns each - well worth it!!

Kx

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I use mine to make my main meals tastier first - extra bits of meat, cheese, oil, nuts, sauces, breadcrumbs, pureeing or cooking fruit - whatever I need to make it more filling/interesting. Then if I have syns left at the the end of the day and I dont have any desperate urge I just save them so I can take a night off at the end of week and have whatever I like without counting (a few drinkies, a takeaway, naughty snacks or whatever).

I'm not a great fan of chocolate and stuff when it's not there, but if it *is* there I just can't stop (there's no such thing as an unfinished packet of biscuits/box of chocolates/whatever) - so I just dont have them in the house. If I do fancy something Im usually just too lazy to get off my arse and go out and buy some :D I get some stuff in if it's very low syns eg a box of 3 Skinny Cow Lollies, or those Mullerlites with fruit/chocolate sprinkles, but theyre never gonna break the syn bank :D

So my syns are rarely spent on sweets and snacks. Until the weekend :)

I use mine on honey to make greek yog taste divine :), some milkyway magic stars at night and bits like ketchup and mayo that I cannot survive without lol
Im only on my 4th week so guess im still learning to be syn-wise :)

me too nannis...fourth week started yesterday. so far i have been able to resist using syns for ketchup etc but as time goes on and my choc craving reduces i will probably adventure into using my syns wee bit better - bought wispa tonight but only ate half and will keep other half for later in week - first time ever...saves on syns (and guilt) ha
good luck

I mainly use mine for alcohol on a Saturday night and things like LF salad cream, gravy, ketchup, branston pickle in my pitta breads and flora lighter than light on my toast. It's surprising how quickly they add up on things like that!

I know I could have chocolate or some lovely kettle chips however I know that I don't do moderation very well so it's all or nothing for me!

Oohh I forgot gravy, I am a gravy addict! Have tried alternatives but love the taste of gravy so just have a couple of syns worth :)

I usually use mine with extra light mayo, salad dressings and sauces throughout the week (and perhaps a chocie bar or two) and then have a few drinks or a takeaway at the weekend

If iam having wine or any alchol i will save mine up or some of them, even if i have chocolate every day - curly wurly at 6syns that gives me 16 syns up to the friday as wi is a tues, 2 glasses is usually my limit though. Must say the chocolate as syns every day is wearing a bit thin, think i am getting bored of eating it just because i can, just had 4th WI and (as i thought it wd) the choc craving is going away x

Back