What does everyone like best about SW

Bev1963

Likes to Post
Hi Everyone

My head is all over the place at the moment. I need to lose weight as I feel really down, sluggish and very lethargic.

I'm contemplating SW and WW and wondered what everyone really likes about SW.

I love slimming world because you have a normal diet and it becomes a way of life.
You can eat a lot, are never hungry and lose weight at a healthy pace.
You don't have to count calories or points.
The only things you have to count and/or weigh are HEXs and syned foods/drinks/
I have done many diets in my life and can honestly say that SW is the most flexible and easiest to follow and you never feel restricted as you really can have everything.
I am in it for life, and love it!

Where do I start?? The flexibility, the volumes of food that you can eat that is free, the way that you can adapt other meals to fit around this plan.
Its not a diet at all! Even my 4 year old loves the food I cook!!

I love that there are lots of foods that you can eat freely and never ever feel hungry. If you use your syns allowance by lunch time you're not faced with going hungry or muching lettuce leaves for the rest of the day. There are so many syn free recipes.....

It really is not going hungry for me. if you're hungry you're not doing it right!

Edit to add: You are more like to naturally choose healthier foods because they are free. I found on WW I would choose a pack of crisps for 5 points or whatever and just think I would eat less, but it never worked that way. I would end up going over points and breaking the diet which would result in a binge.... this would happen at least twice a week :( On SW I have enjoyed crisps and stayed withing my syns and not had one major binge once :)

What do I love about SW? I shall try to keep this short lol!

Flexibility - there are several plans that I can choose from dependiing on the day ahead / what's in my fridge / personal preference.

Real food that my whole family enjoy as much as I do

I can eat loads. Or not. My choice.

Emphasis on home cooking (which might put some people off, but I *love* cooking and trying new recipes)

I can choose not to be limited on carbs, or not to be limited on meat (as I choose) - great for PMT days when only a big plate of carbs will do :eek:

I can eat out at restaurants and feel confident that I am making sensible choices, and staying on plan

I am not going to put the weight on again as I have been taught how to be sensible with food.

Supportive classes

Great recipe books and magazines

Access to a free website as a class member

and last but not least:
Once you get your head round the plans, it doesn't feel like a diet and it works!

I've done WW and SW and i would never do WW ever again. This diet takes a little getting used to at first, there's a lot to initially think about, but once you get it, it's amazing. and i really don't think of it as a diet, just as how i should eat forever.

i get to have large portions (which is what i found hard about WW) and i get to eat wonderful foods like steak and chips or spaghetti bolognase or eggs bacon beans etc and it's all allowed!! i treat myself to chocolate or wine etc here and there so i never feel deprived. it's the best diet i've ever been on!

I love SW because it isn't like a diet, its a lifestyle. Having been on miserable restictive diets all my adult life, I am loving the freedom and sense of control SW gives me. Every meal is delish. I love that I don't run out of calories and have to spend the evening starving!

I enjoy my class very much. It is very motivating and really more like a support group for people recovering from eating disorders than a slimming club. I am enjoying losing the weight and will enjoy maintaining it and feel happy to commit to SW for the rest of my life. I will def keep going to class.

slimming world is brilliant its full of choices and healthy options and variety i love it to bits, and im eating lots of food, im never hungry, i have my gin and tonic and chocolate and have lost over 17 lb's in a short time, go for it.....and you will see, x

Since joining SW I have found that I am not dieting, I now have a new eating lifestyle, it really does change the way you eat.

I cook so many lovely meals (all from scratch) still have friends round for dinner & they can not believe its "diet" food!

My husband & children also love mummys new cooking!!

It really is simple to follow, it could possibly take a little while to get your head around but then this forum is great for help.

I used to feel like you, but have never felt better since loosing just over 2stone & thats just since January - i never would have thought it possible!

Totally agree with everything everyone else has said. Definitely a plan for life, so flexible and can easily slot in with daily life. I've changed my way of thinking so much since starting in Jan, I don't feel as if I'm "dieting", just rethinking the choices I make. I'd highly recommend SW ...good luck xxx

This is the first plan I have done that I can actually stick to so obviuosly i love it.

Just saw your thread on the ww forum and was reading some of the replies :eek:

There was so many things that they were saying against this plan that was so wrong.

You can have alcohol just use the syns.

You dont need to use your syns to make meals, there are loads of syn free recipes.

We can enjoy chocolate or takeaways and still be within our syn allowance.

Just wish they would not say untruths to try and put people of.

I have enjoyed all the above things as part of my eating plan and still manage to lose weight (3.5 stone in 16 weeks :D)

Which ever plan you do, make the choice based upon the realities of the plan and not how someone else misused the plan.

Good luck in your choice my rant is over :D

My fave thing about SW is that it's not restrictive...

Pretty much you can have a SW version of everything.

I love the fact that it makes me cook from scratch, no ready meals jam packed with salt and other icky things... It's really sad I know but the smug satisfaction I get from cooking from scratch is a real motivator for me. I wasn't exactly reknowned for my cooking previously :8855:

i love slimming world (and i have done other diets) because no food is off limits. u can eat normal and feed your family on it. i eat better and enjoy my food when i'm on slimming world.
i love that u can eat loads on sw and its so easy.
i love that u can eat loads of bacon egg tomatoes and eggs etc and u can have chocolate or anything u desire.
i also love that if i go out for a meal i can stay on plan and eat something i enjoy.
i love that on slimming world u can have takeaway.
i love slimming world all over and i tell everyone

It is adaptable and relaistic and always there for live. Also choices and variety of food to suit a variety of people and styles which can be changeable depending on your day. Also if you screw up, you can still get back on track and don't have the feeling of failure which motivates me to continue with less pressure and more determination!

Back