What does your name mean?

KD
Usage: English, Jewish, Miniminical
Pronounced: KAY-DEE (English)
From the days of Attila the hun, meaning usually revolves around "Warrior", "Protector", and "Super moderator". Often found lurking, likes to advise, but is utterly reliable and honest.

funny, thats what came up when i tried KD Xx

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

PLEASE change your username to Attila - it'll be hillarious x

PLEASE change your username to Attila - it'll be hillarious x
I don't think so. Too difficult to remember how to spell it. Atilla, Atillah, etc

Besides have enough trouble remembering KD. Tried to log on the other day with the username 'minimins'. Couldn't understand why it wouldn't accept it:confused: Do'h

KD you nutter :)

Blue Grapefruit you win the prize for best post of the day:D

LINDA
This name could be derived from several sources. It could be from Spanish linda meaning "beautiful"; it could be a short form of BELINDA or MELINDA; or it could be a short form of Germanic names ending with the element linde meaning "soft, tender".

Beautiful, soft, tender:party0011::rotflmao:

Thanks Linda - didn't realise there was such a thing.

I reckon we should have "user quote of the day" Xxx

ooh hush you miss leah

KATHERINE
Gender: Feminine Usage: English Pronounced: KATH-u-rin, KATH-rin [key]
From the Greek name Αικατερινη (Aikaterine). The etymology is debated: it could derive from the earlier Greek name ‘Εκατερινη (Hekaterine), which came from ‘εκατερος (hekateros) "each of the two"; it could derive from the name of the goddess HECATE; it could be related to Greek αικια (aikia) "torture"; or it could be from a Coptic name meaning "my consecration of your name". The Romans associated it with Greek καθαρος (katharos) "pure" and changed their spelling from Katerina to Katharina to reflect this. The name belonged to a 4th-century saint and martyr from Alexandria who was tortured on the famous Catherine wheel. Another saint by this name was Catherine of Siena, a 14th-century mystic. This name was also borne by two empresses of Russia, including Catherine the Great, and by three of Henry VIII's wives.

NOTE.. MY NAME IS NOT KATHERINE.. ITS CATHERINE.. BUT IT SAID I HAD TO LOOK AT THIS ONE.. URRRRRRGH
x x

It said exactly the same for me, my name is kate!

ELIZABETH Gender: Feminine
Usage: English, Biblical
Pronounced: ee-LIZ-a-beth [key]
From Ελισαβετ (Elisabet), the Greek form of the Hebrew name אֱלִישֶׁבַע ('Elisheva') meaning "my God is an oath" or perhaps "my God is abundance". The Hebrew form appears in the Old Testament where Elisheba is the wife of Aaron, while the Greek form appears in the New Testament where Elizabeth is the mother of John the Baptist.The name was borne in the 12th century by Saint Elizabeth, a daughter of King Andrew II of Hungary who became a Franciscan nun and lived in poverty. It was also the name of a ruling queen of England and an empress of Russia. Famous modern bearers include the British queen Elizabeth II and actress Elizabeth Taylor.

My God is an oath? Jeeeez! I'd rather be Attila

JOY
Simply means "joy" from the English word, ultimately derived from Norman French joie, Latin gaudia.

Back